Question Morrison Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello all, I'm working on a video project about Morrison Springs. particularly early diving and stories and photos.
I have film from 1958 but I need additional information.

And soon I'll be putting out a call for 25 divers to be a part of the opening, so if your interested now please let me know.

Thank you!

When are you thinking? I'll be leaving the area permanently in a few weeks. You might also try the 3rd Coast Divers group on Facebook. There's a lot of panhandle folks on there.

I have a buddy who is getting close to 70 who dove there a lot in his younger days (I think when there was still a cave there) and who continues to dive there often as an instructor. He might be a resource for you depending on what you are trying to put together.

When are you thinking? I'll be leaving the area permanently in a few weeks. You might also try the 3rd Coast Divers group on Facebook. There's a lot of panhandle folks on there.
Thank you for the input I did reach out to the 3rd Coast group.

Are you leaving in August?

I have a buddy who is getting close to 70 who dove there a lot in his younger days (I think when there was still a cave there) and who continues to dive there often as an instructor. He might be a resource for you depending on what you are trying to put together.
I am looking for first hand information of the time before the cave was sealed, so if you would not mind passing on that I would like to speak with him that would be awesome.

I have a rough cut of my documentary completed and we just performed follow up filming and now we are going to retool a bit more and add some cool bits.

I am looking for first hand information of the time before the cave was sealed, so if you would not mind passing on that I would like to speak with him that would be awesome.

I have a rough cut of my documentary completed and we just performed follow up filming and now we are going to retool a bit more and add some cool bits.
I spoke with him today. He started diving there just after the cave was closed, but did speak with the guy who did the dynamiting not too long after he did it. He also seems pretty familiar with the layout of the cave entrance. He is going to search the memory banks and see if he know anyone who dove it when the cave was open. He did say if you were interested in talking to him he would be willing. Just shoot me a PM and I’ll share his contact.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom