Morrison Springs dive report 6/23/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I got up at my usual time (4 am) today but I was not going to work! I got my gear together and headed off to meet photohikedive for an early morning swim in the pond. I was the first person there at about 6:30 am. No boats, cars, classes, or people. It was very quiet and nice. Within a few minutes, PHD and MDB drive by me (slinging sand in the air) as they go to park as close to the water as MDB will allow. MDB decided to do some fishing instead of diving. PHD and I got in the water and headed to the lower cavern. We blinded many catfish and eels with our strobes firing all over the place. We came back up and visited the side cavern, PHD tried to squeeze into several small crevices. Viz in the lower cavern was great as usual and vis above the basin was a little cloudy, probably due to the rain last night. Here is a graph of the first dive:

623one.jpg

After the dive PHD had to depart to go to work. By this time another group of divers had arrived. They did their dive as I sat topside watching their bubbles during my surface interval. As soon as I saw the bubbles leave the basin and round the basin counter-clockwise, I geared up for dive two. I had to play in the shallows a little as the "dust" settled in the basin and the other divers got out of the water. I headed into the lower cavern again to do some testing with 400 ISO on my camera. After playing awhile, I went to the side cavern for some play time with the strobe. As I hit 500 lbs in the tank, I saw some bodies dropping into the basin. As usual they were kicking up a storm of silt. I headed out, grabbed the flag and swam for the beach. Here's the graph from the second dive:

623two.jpg

After putting on some dry clothes I headed over for lunch with Sally. MMMMMMM-MMMM great food! Took my gear home and didn't even have to rinse it :thumb:.
Here are some pics:

623surface.jpg

623shallow.jpg

623mrt.jpg

623phdsmcav.jpg

623phdcav.jpg

623end1.jpg

623end2.jpg

You take such great pictures. Once I get my diving better and can afford a camera I may enlist you to teach me how to take such good pictures.

I see the levels are still wickedly low. Fortunately the vis, sans flutter kickers, is excellent.

hey perrone..... got word today at work, that they are sending me down close to for work. Need a trailer picked up. Going to work it out so they pay me, and let me dive. So, looks like I will get to visit Troy spring soon after all.

GulfCostdiver:
Hey seaYoda what is the dive profile program you are using? Does it interface with your dive computer?
It is a unit separate from my computer. It's a Sensus Ultra from ReefNet. You can check it out on this link:

http://reefnet.ca/products/sensus/

photohikedive:
Hey, I like that photo!
I was going to compliment MDB on her photo taking ability - she even got the scubabomb in the background :D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom