Morrison Springs 8-28-5 Dive Report and Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Darcy and I dove Morrison Springs today. The surface looked tannic, but after about 3' of water, visibility in the basin opened up to 30-40' with 10-15' of visibility in the spring run up to about 200' down from the basin. We had the ScubaBoard gnome(Moonie) with us. Moonie is a gnome that ScubaBoard is sending to different users, kinda like a chainletter. He'll be mailed to Indiana as soon as Katrina is finished messing with us. More on Moonie in ScubaBoard's Humor Forum. There wasn't much fauna in the basin but the cavern still held everything you normally found. The watermelon kid is still missing and my cavern gnome was moved to another ledge. He looked good in the new spot, so I left him. Our first dive was to 92' and for over an hour. The second dive went down to 94' and lasted for a bit over 40min before we got cold. It was a great set of dives despite the feeder bands moving across the sky from Katrina and the bit of tannic intrusion in the spring :)

You can find all the pics at http://www.suprbugman.com/gallery/album75

Great report Matt, Glad you and Darcy had a great time. I see that she knows which end to kiss also.... Isnt he the Travelocity guy, and has he really had a lot to drink or something? Must have got fired from the TV ads...

Hope to see you all soon, definately on the 17th!! The pond is calling our name. Bring food and drinks and we can leave them on the pontoon. There are also a few docks around thanks to the cave divers, that we can use...

Later...

Hozey

Looks Like Fun Mat. I like the moonie offgasing pic on your site. Did someone take the goose now too? Whoever keeps taking the statues from the cavern deserves a lashing.

Matt

I need to send off for my PADI Hurricane Diver specialty cert now :wink: I dove Destin's jetties on Sept 14th, a few days before Ivan too - LOL! Stupid 'Canes!

Moonie is always drunk, dude is an alchy and a half! Check out his thread in the Humor forum for proof of that!

Corigan:
Looks Like Fun Mat. I like the moonie offgasing pic on your site. Did someone take the goose now too? Whoever keeps taking the statues from the cavern deserves a lashing.

Matt

Goose is still there, I gotta pic, but didn't U/L it. It wasn't particularly good, so I left it out. No idea what happened to the Watermelon kid though, he's been gone for atleast 3 weeks - someone definately deserves a beating.

Nice pics and report. The shot from under the log looks like a hurricane - no no no - no more hurricanes please. I must have hurricane brain.

Well... in some of the pics facing upwards, you could see feederbands moving across the sky? :D

I wouldn't mind showing them around, its one of my favorite sites.

We are always open for others to join in the fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom