Morrison Springs 3/5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Biggen

Contributor
Reaction score
A buddy and I are planning on going up to Morrison this Saturday. According to the projected river level it doesn't look too good. I actually drove up there today as it is only about 40 minutes from my house. It looked pretty good (no tea) from what I could tell from standing on the bank. The FSU dive school was doing some training up there and they said conditions are still good now considering the stage is already about 7.5'

This will be our first time up there doing a dive so if any body is interested in joining us, come on!! We could use the expertise. We plan on getting up there around 8am before the dive schools show up.

Rodman

Got plans for Saturday - you could always join us at Cypress if you want a sure thing - but if you end up going back Sunday and it looks as though water levels have settled, I'd definately be interested.

I would love to dive Cypress, but I am trying to get back in town by noon at the latest that day. My brother in law has a baseball game I am supposed to attend. I think I would be kinda late with the canoe trip and all.

Yeah Cypress takes a bit of time, I was suprised how early I was home after morrison.

Thats one reason I like Morrison so much, park by the water, get your diving fix, and you're on your way home :)

Goodluck Saturday - the cavern is always clear, so you have that atleast! The river levels aren't staying as high for as long, so pretty soon conditions at Morrison will be great for exploring the cavern, basin, and spring run - which can lead to hour + dives without boredom :D

What a series of unfortunate events... (Not to steal that line from anywhere) :wink:

Last Sunday, we had to cancel our gulf night dive because of the aweful weather we received. Now it looks like we may have to cancel this Saturday's trip to Morrison because my buddy has a cold.

Everything was setup perfectly too. Weather looked good, predicted river level is under 7', equipment is ready, I am finally getting over my cold (head colds suck!), etc...

Oh well. Hopefully he will get to feeling better by Saturday. If not, there are plenty of other times to go. The invitation to come up to Morrison and join is still open to anyone who wants it. I know SuPrBuGmAn said he may try Morrison on Sunday if the river level looks good. If you decide you go and I can't go on Saturday, I'll definately join you on Sunday.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate events Biggen. My dive trip last sunday got blown out by the weather as well. I was going to take my newly certified buddy (kylepreid) on his first saltwater gulf wreck dive. He's never been in SW, the gulf, nor on a wreck. Atleast we were lucky enough for a good day of diving at vortex/morrison the day before.

I also just got over an ear infection and can feel the pain of being sick. It comes with the terrority. I missed a big trip with the North Carolina Wreck Divers two weekends ago to dive 3-4 sites I had never been to due to my ear infection.

As I tell my friends, if you want to play, you go to pay. Sickness, ear infections, etc. just comes with the turf.

Matt

Good advice, Matt. I just felt the need to complain after I talked to my buddy. Hopefully all will go well this weekend. If not, I may go tool around the PCB Jetties and practice buoyancy control or something.

Sunday is actually looking decent for Morrison - hopefully, it'll stay that way :)

I missed out on Morrison and Vortex last weekend so I could get a dozen stitches in my hand for being stupid :) *Crap* happens, whatchagonnado?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom