Morrison Spring(1-29) StAndrews Jeddies(1-30)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's sand under the decaying duckweed that lays on the bottom, I've seen it after the classes start walking UW to the cavern and put all the duckweed midwater.

Thats why I try to get there at 8AM :D

eanxgirl:
... It went from tea-colored water near the shore to almost pitch black over the hole. ...
When the gallery gets back up I have some pics in it that should remind you of your fun time :D. On our trip, I found myself at the log after loosing sight of both Mat and Mikey. I saw their lights below me and an odd looking sunball above. It was a very strange feeling because I had no idea that I had traveled that far into the basin.

Tom,
The layer of decaying matter is pretty thick - I dove my sholder into it while taking some pics of trees on the surface - I did't hit bottom, just stirred up the gunk. Unless it gets very stirred up it settles back a lot quicker than what I would call "silt". When classes are there, the stuff doesn't have a chance to settle back to the bottom.

Here's the pictures that SeaYoda took on our "tea-dive"(Dec 18th) - atleast, thats the only ones I have on my website http://www.suprbugman.com/gallery/album44 <--click here for all the full sized pictures

DeepStarburst.thumb.jpg

Tannicscenery.thumb.jpg

That first picture does look familiar--except our sun looked smaller and not quite so bright. It was, however, a beautiful site from 91 feet inside the cavern. We turned off our lights just to make sure we could still see it!

eanxgirl:
That first picture does look familiar--except our sun looked smaller and not quite so bright. It was, however, a beautiful site from 91 feet inside the cavern. We turned off our lights just to make sure we could still see it!
I cheated with Photoshop on that sun ball - I brightened it up and cropped the picture so it would show up better. I'm attaching the original shot from the camera, another view from about the same depth of 30', and a shot using no flash coming out of the cavern.

AHA! Now we are looking at what the true conditions looked like! :) It looked like a little ball that you could barely make out from the log. I couldn't see anything from inside the cavern when we turned the lights out. Maybe I needed to let my eyes adjust longer, but it appeared to be Pitch Black to me when lights went out.. I can't wait to dive this site again once when it is clear. Thanks for the pics Seayoda,

Matt

I won't be making it to the jeddies Sunday, unfortunately I have to help a buddy move into a new place - ugh... Cancelling dive plans to do manual labor?!??! This sucks!

Dunno if anyone is still heading out to the jeddies, but there is a strong easterly wind(that should stick around for a few days) thats supposed to pick the surf up quite a bit. Pensacola is already having some big sets breaking on the outside sandbars - break out the boards!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom