Morrison Spring(1-29) StAndrews Jeddies(1-30)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looks like the river levels will allow Morrison to clear up by this weekend if we don't get any rain before then. Anyone interested in a dive there on Saturday? Depths to ~50' in the basin, ~90' in the cavern, lots of fish in the basin and around the cypress trees on the outskirts of the site and spring run.
Meet up around 8AM to dive before too much traffic comes through.

Anyone interested in a dive on Sunday at Panama City? More specifically St.Andrews jeddies? High Tide is at 2:35PM, I'll keep an eye out on the surf reports to make sure water conditions aren't definately working against us.?. :D http://surfline.com/surfline/livecams/getsurfmapsurfbreakreport.cfm?alias=panamaflcam Looks pretty crummy out there right now to be honest...

Sunday, Jeddies or Morrison?

SuPrBuGmAn:

Corigan and I dove Morrisons on Sunday. It went from tea-colored water near the shore to almost pitch black over the hole. I saw the platform from about two feet away and then vis shrank to about 6 inches. I was about to give up even finding the damn cavern when I just about smacked into the tree. You could barely see the blood-red looking sun through the murk. We then dropped straight down and finally saw a tiny bit of clear water. The cavern, of course, was completely clear (a truly bizarre effect) but it was kinda hard to see daylight, so we didn't stray around too much. It was really strange to be diving such a familiar spot under such unfamiliar circumstances. Of course, it sounds like you and SeaYoda had a similar experience last time. Just thought I'd let you know it hadn't cleared up much yet. But still, cool dive with a good buddy.

Sorry to hear your boat trip fell under.

SeaYoda and I have dived Morrison when it was tannick before, just like you said, its really really eary and alot different than a clear dive there even when you are familiar with the site. It looks like you dove it with river levels at about 7.5', at 6.5' you're lucky to get 10-20' of vis and the water color is still brownish-green. I'm thinking closer to 5' to get clear blue water. It looks like Sunday(30th) will have 5.5' if things go as NOAA is predicting at the moment. Chance of rain late in the week though... :(

SuPrBuGmAn:
JEtties on sunday. Ill probably be at JB and/or Morrison sometime on saturday though. If not that, then maybe MOrrison on sunday before the jetties, just to check out conditions.

Basically, though, Im in for Jetties on sunday if you want. Just as long as the temp doesnt drop to 40 or the wave pick up. We'll have to check on saturday evening.

SuPrBuGmAn:
its really really eary and alot different than a clear dive there even when you are familiar with the site.

Heh, it's even more eary when you don't know the site and are diving in those conditions. :) Thanks for showing me around Eanxgirl, I had a blast and look forward to doing it again one of these days.

Wish I could come down and see Morrisons in clearer conditions this weekend, but I am heading to Crystal River. I hope you all have a good time, looking forward to the dive report.

Matt

jviehe:
JEtties on sunday. Ill probably be at JB and/or Morrison sometime on saturday though. If not that, then maybe MOrrison on sunday before the jetties, just to check out conditions.

Basically, though, Im in for Jetties on sunday if you want. Just as long as the temp doesnt drop to 40 or the wave pick up. We'll have to check on saturday evening.

Sounds good, wherever we end up going - just jeddies or Morrison & jeddies(we have time with the late high tide) - either works for me. I'm just looking for a buddy so I can get wet this weekend :)

Corigan:
Wish I could come down and see Morrisons in clearer conditions this weekend, but I am heading to Crystal River. I hope you all have a good time, looking forward to the dive report.

If I get wet, there will be a report :)

Supposedly, Morrison doesn't flood out so much during the warmer months - so it shouldn't be long before there are more clear days than flooded.

Have fun at Crystal River, looks like a fun snorkel/dive.

Morrison used to have a sandy bottom but the last time I went there a couple of years ago it was shrouded in thick silt. That was during the "drought" and everyone said it was because the hydraulic pressure was too low to wash the silt away.

Is it still silty or has some of the sand returned?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom