Morrison Spring 1/23/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
The visibility was awesome. Made a couple dives. Only my 9th and 10th dives. On the 10th, I had a lot of pressure from the mask above my left eye(bone). Never experienced it before. What could be causing it?

The visibility was awesome. Made a couple dives. Only my 9th and 10th dives. On the 10th, I had a lot of pressure from the mask above my left eye(bone). Never experienced it before. What could be causing it?
Sounds like mask squeeze. Same thing as Josh said, a little air through the nose will help. Glad you had a good time.

Did if feel like pins and needle ? ranging in mild to really sharp pian ? I get them on my first dive of the day . Feels like needles in my forhead above the eyes. I get sinus squeeze on my first dive . I just take my decent slow and if I feel it coming on I slow down / stop my decent .And if that don't help then I will acend a couple feet and let my sinuses equalize and then decend. after that I do not have any more problems. I had a football injury in Highschool (knee to the cheek /cracked sinus)that I beleave is the cause of my sinus squeeze at decent .

I was at Morrison yesterday and it was the worst visibility I've ever seen there. It was close to the worse visibility I've seen anywhere. The only way I found the training platform was because I swam into it. I then had to follow the rope to the log and tied off my primary reel there before going any farther.

I was at Morrison yesterday and it was the worst visibility I've ever seen there. It was close to the worse visibility I've seen anywhere. The only way I found the training platform was because I swam into it. I then had to follow the rope to the log and tied off my primary reel there before going any farther.
Rob was that due to classes or flooding or ? Heading there sat. -KF

Sounds like that "underwater ski class" I ran into last Oct. has returned. Wish I had taken a pic of that.
For a simulation; place dirt in your eyes and then close them!

That's pretty rough, it was about 15 feet of murky green when I was there last on New Years Day.

We had BIG rains this week, and Morrison blows out easily. OW students playing Dig-Dug in the basin will have a negative effect too.

Rob was that due to classes or flooding or ? Heading there sat. -KF

Flooding. I was there last the week between xmas and new year's and it was about 10' then with the platform at 12'. This time 2' vis with the platform at 17'. Although I'm not sure how it went from great vis on Monday to crap vis on Thursday. I know it blows out easily, but we had some rain Sunday already. Now, in the cave (no longer a cavern because there is no daylight zone) the visibility was great as usual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom