Morrison,PC Jetties and offshore St George - June 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Did a bunch of diving over the holiday weekend starting with teaching the end of an advanced and rescue class last thursday. We first went to Morrison Spring where I did a navigation dive for one of the students, then got into the Rescue Class for all of them. Morrison looked great, very low water and great vis. Since it was a weekeday, there were very few divers there, but a the locals steadily drifted in. We went through all of the training sessions and had a fun time.

IMAG0067.JPG

Friday, we headed to Panama City Jetties to work through the scenarios. Luckily we didnt have 911 called on us, as everyone kept looking at us. I guess when they saw the victim get up and bow, they figured it out. Bunch of divers there for high tide, and the viz was great that day, at least 40ft. We didnt have time to do a fun dive, but did get in some snorkeling.

IMAG0101.JPG

More Rescue Class Pics

Saturday, I headed out with some scuba club members on one of the guys boats, and we hit one of the airforce towers off St George Island. They are basically missles about 12 miles off of the coast that provide navigation assistance. Max depth was 85ft, viz was about 60 on the surface, 20-40 on the bottom. The tower is pretty cylindrical till about 10ft above the bottom which is a big square barge area that keeps it anchored. There is a bit of structure on it. We did 2 dives on this, and saw some pretty cool stuff, big snapper and grouper, little damselfish, arrow crabs, angelfish, the usual.

IMAG0141.JPG

More C Tower Pics

Host them on a website and use img tags around the url.

Great report.

Heres another good pic of the tower we dove. Basically goes straight down like that to 75 ft, then a big square base to 85ft.

HPIM0163.JPG

LOL, reminds me of the minuteman missle at Rock Divers(quarry near Huntsville, AL). Course, your gulf missle is taller.

Group2.sized.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom