MOREHEAD CITY Bound!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea, buck was thinkin they were gonna turn us around, but we made it. We saw the midnight express looked like he was headed back from the Naeco, thought we were done or I guess they could have been on the Papoose.

Yea, buck was thinkin they were gonna turn us around, but we made it. We saw the midnight express looked like he was headed back from the Naeco, thought we were done or I guess they could have been on the Papoose.

I was on the Outrageous V on Sunday and we were turned away from diving the Papoose by the Navy. They even sent a helicopter to check us out while we were on the Aeolus.

Wow that's crazy. We must have skated by somehow. I don't know why they wouldn't stay a few more miles out. I guess its because they're the Navy and don't care

Wow that's crazy. We must have skated by somehow. I don't know why they wouldn't stay a few more miles out. I guess its because they're the Navy and don't care

Care or not they've earned the right to be anywhere they want or need to be in US waters. There would be no US waters without the US NAVY.

The conditions were incredible last weekend. Did the U-352 and the Spar on Saturday. Vis was about 60 feet. Seas were as calm as you get in the Atlantic. I'll post up some video once I get it downloaded.

Here ya go...(I was the guy with the drysuit)

PICT0532.jpgPICT0503.jpgPICT0499.jpgPICT0548.jpg

Here is some video of the U-352 from Saturday. Hope that you guys have the same kind of conditions.

[video=youtube_share;xNVq0yD53gQ]http://youtu.be/xNVq0yD53gQ[/video]

Here is some video of the U-352 from Saturday. Hope that you guys have the same kind of conditions.

[video=youtube_share;xNVq0yD53gQ]http://youtu.be/xNVq0yD53gQ[/video]

I'll drink to that!

I'm going with Discovery first week in July. I'll post a report. DVAN.....great video...We're supposed
to do the 352.

Care or not they've earned the right to be anywhere they want or need to be in US waters. There would be no US waters without the US NAVY.

I don't dispute the fact they've earned it, however we were 30 miles out which is past federal waters. I'm in the Marine Corps so I know what earning is all about. The Navy would be as awesome if it wasn't for the Marines :wink:

Back
Top Bottom