more replies below current depth ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapro50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What's up with "more replies below current depth" ? How does your responce to a queston get sent to this "black hole" where it's not listed unless to click on that "phrase" to see what's hidden ?

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are referring to, can you please elaborate?

thread 1219409 where two "more replies below current depth" have appeared. One of my posts was orginally listed on the main thread but then reclassed to this mysterious offshoot ..... why .... other members have posted after me and are still listed in the main information box at the top of the page.

From what I can tell, it's just the nature of the threaded display, so that it doesn't fill the threaded view with one thread that you have to scroll down to get past. By having it "more replies below current depth" the display is still such that you can click the next branch of the thread without scrolling down in the thread view pane. You can still see those 'hidden' posts by clicking on the 'more replies', or getting down to them via the 'next' button. The design is so that you don't have to scroll, you can click your way around the whole thread and see it all in one area; so if it expanded beyond the viewable area, it'd kinda defeat the purpose.

TA; it took me a sec to figure out what he's talking about since I've never used the threaded view before either. set your options over to threaded display mode and check this link [then scroll up to the threaded pane], you'll see what he's talking about in the thread pane:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?postid=1219409#post1219409

But what determines what posts are put into this "mode". If the moderator doesn't agree or deceides that the post is best hidden from common viewing on the thread? I guess it's better than being deleted .

They aren't hidden by us, as Spectre indicated, they are hidden as a part of the function:

The design is so that you don't have to scroll, you can click your way around the whole thread and see it all in one area; so if it expanded beyond the viewable area, it'd kinda defeat the purpose.

The only time posts are removed is when they violate the TOS. We do not delete posts simply because someone doesn't agree with them (which is why our moderator team is made up of such a diverse group).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom