More newbies . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marral

Reaction score
Guelph, Ontario (by way of Washington, D.C., Wisco
Greetings -

SO and I finished our OW last weekend in Ontario, and are Belize-bound in November. This board has been so helpful to me, from its Women Only section (my hair is giving me huge problems) to the New2Diving section (I don't think I'll ever get buoyancy down, although I have learned to spell it, finally), and everything in between.

Thanks for being here!

and Greetings from ARIZONA the all beach no ocean state

yeah that boy-ant-c is real tough :p

Looking forward to reading about Belize

Greetings from Florida :tree: and congratulations on completing your OW class! Have a great time in Belize! :)

Marral

A HUGE congratulations on completing your O/W. Glad the board could be of assistance!!

Don't forget to have fun out in Belize...but remember to come and tell us all about it!

Take care x

Marral,
Welcome from NJ, and congrats on the OW.
Fear not - while the skills you mentioned, and all the others take time and practice, they DO come with the practice and experience.Keep at it, and you'll be suprised how , one day "it" all seems so much more natural.
Also - the folks on this board possess a wealth of experience, advice, and suggestions.(not to mention some seriously warped senses of humor [said as a complement,of course.}) So relax,ask, and enjoy -the diving and the board.
Good luck,
Miked

Welcome from the northwest Marral + SO!!

The key to mastering your skills is to just dive! Join a club and/or go out on fun dives with your shop. I've gone from having just a few moments during each dive where I felt in control & command to feeling good about my skills most of the time. (Though I still spaz out once in a while :). Keep at it! Dive every week!

-kate

Marral and SO - and don't worry, you will get there with the buoyancy control - you just need to get as much practice in as you possibly can! It took me quite a while, plus I did the Peak Performance Buoyancy course which helped tremendously.

Good luck and don't forget to keep us posted on your progress!

Cheers

Welcome to scubaboard from the great country of Texas! We all hope y'all love divin as much as we luv parking da run down trucks in front of our trailers...

Wait scratch that I live in Flower Mound, no trailers and more BMWs and Mercedes than trucks (though I don't have either)

So jump right in and join the best diving group in the world.

and a welcome from a fellow Ontarian... I hail from Ottawa.

-- if you complete your profile, we'll all know just a bit more about you.:D

Hey Marral;

Welcome to the board. There are a bunch of us who dive together so if you want to join us, we can up the group number. Then after enough psychatric pre-condidtioning, we will let you meet Butch :)D Just kidding Butch)

We are in Toronto, Ottawa, Hamiton, Peterborough - all over southern Ontario. Where are you and the SO out of and who did you train with?

Matt

Back
Top Bottom