More free crap got dumped on me!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just checked out the MK 5.
It has 3/8” HP ports. The console SPG works,
I hooked it up to a tank and it holds perfect 136 psi IP. I did a quick tear down of the 1st, it looks to me like it was freshly serviced then never used after that. The knife edge looks sharp and clean. The HP seat looks new, no deep grove.
This was taken care really well it appears.
The second stage is just a basic poppet 109 adjustable. It also appears to have been freshly serviced before storage based on all the fresh silicone everywhere. Usually a lot of that will rinse off after a few dives. The poppet seat looks brand new with barely a dent in it.
So I might just run it as is and see how it goes.
If it screws up (highly unlikely) then I’ll throw a kit in it. Yeah I know, “life support” equipment and old O-rings blah blah blah, yawn 🥱
This could just be my new urchin diving rig.
I don’t think I will gift it to my buddy since he should probably get something a little newer with 5/16” HP ports, and end port, heavier yolk for his E7 100’s, etc.
But this is a great little semi vintage setup that will be great fun. I even have a wind up bottom timer I can use with the depth gauge in the console, and just run tables.

The DAAM, I don’t even want to go there right now!

That's great Eric, a really nice 109 and MK5! It's the 'middle' generation yoke, looks like to me. It should be fine for a 3000 PSI tank. It might not be rated that high but my limited experience is that they hold up fine. It doesn't surprise me that it holds IP. Those things are pretty indestructible.

The DA aquamaster is a neat regulator; I could never get mine to really perform well so I put a phoenix nozzle in it and that solved everything. I don't know if vdh is still selling those, but if you want to dive with it, that would be my suggestion.

That's great Eric, a really nice 109 and MK5! It's the 'middle' generation yoke, looks like to me. It should be fine for a 3000 PSI tank. It might not be rated that high but my limited experience is that they hold up fine. It doesn't surprise me that it holds IP. Those things are pretty indestructible.

The DA aquamaster is a neat regulator; I could never get mine to really perform well so I put a phoenix nozzle in it and that solved everything. I don't know if vdh is still selling those, but if you want to dive with it, that would be my suggestion.
The yolk has 3000 stamped on it so it’s cherry.

I always thought chromed brass was non magnetic but it seems that somehow I must be a magnet that attracts brass?

It may be time for an intervention. Put down the brass and step away from the bench. You are a brassaholic.

I can relate except mine was "put down the prybar and hammer and swim away from the wreck". :(

It may be time for an intervention. Put down the brass and step away from the bench. You are a brassaholic.

I can relate except mine was "put down the prybar and hammer and swim away from the wreck". :(
I'm trying to intervene.... and get some of that brass headed this way! lol.

Back
Top Bottom