More Deep 6 Signature reg questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Edge, Hog, Dive Rite are all ODS regulators this isn't brain Surgery Deep 6 talk about R&D must be in Taiwan.

Actually companies like Deep 6 do their research re- what features they want in terms of features, materials and finishes and relate that to what the manufacturer can supply or is willing to implement. Dive rite regs are not manufactured by ODS as far as I know.

Edge, Hog, Dive Rite are all ODS regulators this isn't brain Surgery Deep 6 talk about R&D must be in Taiwan.

This isn't actually the case. I have replied elsewhere to the same statement, but will quote a portion of my other post below to clarify.

Actually companies like Deep 6 do their research re- what features they want in terms of features, materials and finishes and relate that to what the manufacturer can supply or is willing to implement. Dive rite regs are not manufactured by ODS as far as I know.

Thanks!

Excerpt here:

As far as us, we do ODM not OEM. A quick google search will explain the differences. The short version is ODM is Original Design Manufacturing where you contract your work and designs to be made, versus Original Equipment Manufacturing where you take someone else's design and put your logo on it. The Signature is a unique regulator to us, based on Chris's continual work and design. We work hard on testing and improving our equipment, including having third party testing done to meet regulatory standards in locations such as Europe. We also spend extended amounts of time at the factory, each year, working on product. As a matter of fact Chris just returned from spending almost a month in Asia. Many equipment brands do not own their own factory, as it isn't cost efficient, and several brands use OEM designs, that is true. We even produce one for DGX, as their value house regulator, but what I am referring to in this thread is the only regulator line we sell ourselves, the Signature.

As far as the service kit for the Signature regulator, our internal components are actually unique to this specific regulator, and use improved components such as a teflon O ring for the balance chamber, and the teflon coat on the HP seat not found elsewhere. The regulator itself also has other unique features, such as an extra layer of TiCN PVD coating on top of the chrome to improve durability. This is another example of a R&D improvement we pioneered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom