Moped ride downtown at 6:30pm in Coz video (link)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadobadoo:
One last one...try to get some sleep now...http://visitjason.com/wilma/coz1230am.wmv

Hmmm. That looks like an average day in Vancouver, BC ;-). Thanks for the video. I have some similar shots during Hurricane Juliette in Cabo (a Cat. 4). The whole family lived to tell the tale, but not without adventure. Actually, my 3 year old loved it.... You will have many stories to tell of this one for sure.

Keep the faith and stay safe...

Jimi

Hello. I would like to know if you would mind if I shared your video, citing this site, with a friend of mine who is a weatherman. I live in Canada and all we get here is the news about Florida, and this might shed some light on other areas that are being hit NOW. He might be interested in just seeing it or possibly airing it on our local news. Please let me know.

Just spoke to Jason and he said you may absolutely share the video with your local weatherman. However, please understand that this was taken while they could still go outside and it was nothing compared to right now while they're in the thick of things...right now it's currently about 4 times worse than you see on the video. (GACK!) Please make sure that Jason Rowland is credited for the video...

News is reporting the eye is over Coz... did Jason mention anything about that?

Oh Man. It looks like a direct hit. Just about worse case scenario.
I hope all of our friends, and the others who are riding this out are OK.

They are talking about 30 foot waves on top of 15 to 20 foot storm surge. I don't think the island has a spot that high. As we all know, the wind causes damage, but the floods are the real danger.

NPR news was just saying that this could be the end of resorts on Coz and the Yucatan. The news loves to sensationalize and be alarmist, but this is much scarier than Emily.

They haven't quite gotten it yet. Winds are the worst yet - I could hear actually hear them quite clearly over the phone this time and Christi and Jason had a hard time hearing me. From the satellite image I saw, the very edge of the eyewall is *just* touching the eastern edge of the island (probably near Mezcalitos and Coconuts - or where they *were* :( ) right now. I let them know that they should be getting some relief for a few hours probably within an hour or so - blue skies and a break in the winds. I'm starting a new thread for updates from Christi...

Wow, I wouldn't trade Jason's videos for all the news footage in the world. It is fantastic to see what real people are experiencing – and terrifying at the same time. I look forward to any follow-ups that you guys can get out.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Back
Top Bottom