Monterey Meet & Greet - 12 Jun 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At least it isn't a mini.

Yeah that would really suck...... Hey wait, I've got a MINI :cool2:

The Prius is like a flatbed truck compared to the MINI. One of these days I'll get a big car like that.

-Erik

:eyebrow:
but seriously... who dives out of a Prius! :)

You forgot to mention Brandon too! :cool2:

Who else gets 30+ MPG towing their boat with two people, two sets of doubles, and all their dive gear? Prius for the win! :auto: Wanna race for pinks? Wait no my wing isn't PINK like Ben's!
attachment.php

I'm with you on the Prius though... :wink:
So just what is your awesome dive vehicle? :eyebrow:

Attachments

• Prius loaded.jpg
    Prius loaded.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 99
So just what is your awesome dive vehicle? :eyebrow:

I'm diving out of an Audi A4 - I demand precision engineering, transmission designs from the future, and practically magical cup-holders in my dive wagon. :D

I'm actually envious of the Prius - it's got a much better trunk for diving than my Audi.

I was actually surprised how much room my Porsche 930 Slant Nose had for dive gear. I fit two sets of doubles, some deco bottles and assorted crap on top of the fold down back seats, and the rest of the dive gear in the trunk.

I do much prefer my truck. And I'm not as daring as you folks to tow anything with a car that the mfgr says has zero towing capacity.

I do much prefer my truck. And I'm not as daring as you folks to tow anything with a car that the mfgr says has zero towing capacity.
In reality with larger ZR rated tires my car will stop faster than most pickup trucks even if they are not towing. Yes I have owned a 3/4 ton Suburban, with Auto Ride, that towed my Nautique nicely, but I feel more comfortable towing my little boat with my Prius, as it doesn't push it around as much.

On that note I love the 930's! We modified a few for the track that were a blast to drive. Unfortunately we couldn't get it out of second gear.

Bay Area people...
Someone walked past my Prius with the trailer attached at the BW and made the comment, "Now I have seen it all, you know you are in California when you see a Prius towing a trailer". I just laughed.

I bought a Boxster right before I learned how to dive. Unfortunate timing as it wasn't exactly the best dive vehicle. It is _possible_ to dive out of one though you buddy will have to drive separately. In one case my buddy (driving separately) was diving out of his 300ZX. In terms of cargo space it made the Boxster seem like a panel van. :auto:

Clinton

At least your buddy was riding in style -- the 300ZX was my dream car when I was 16!

That Z can't be worse than the 128i convertible I recently had as a loaner. You'd have trouble cramming a single AL80 and a BC in that tiny boot!

Yeah, it was a lot of fun on Sat. Too bad I didn't get to dive with you guys. My buddies wanted to finish earily catch the England vs USA World Cup game. If you guys come out again, let me know, I'd love to join.

Even though viz wasn't spectacular, the company was!

It was really fun to dive with Nina, Doug, Kristina, Ben and Ted. And see a lot of familiar faces on the surface. Glad that Aaron saw us before his second dive and came by to say hi. Next time, we'll get in the water together too.

A day at the Barge and Metridium Fields, not too shabby :)

Anyone who wants to go know of any possible personal or public conflicts for an august M&G? I'll put up a poll if we can narrow it down.

Back
Top Bottom