Monterey Meet & Greet - 12 Jun 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dude it's RED!

but seriously... who dives out of a Prius! :)

043.JPG

(just kidding... Peter and Don can pack some serious gear in there)

Last edited:
Dude it's RED!

Correction - it was red. Soon, I'm sure it will turn into a lovely cherry blossom... :D

I'm with you on the Prius though... :wink:

Btw, i ordered my Sierra today (with special thanks to Jeff at UTD for saving me some cash). Rest assured that I'll happily take back everything i said about your wing or Don's car in exchange for a nice intro dive at the breakwater one day soon with either (or both) of you. :D

Last edited:
Btw, i ordered my Sierra today (with special thanks to Jeff at UTD for saving me some cash). Rest assured that I'll happily take back everything i said about your wing or Don's car in exchange for a nice intro dive at the breakwater one day soon with either (or both) of you. :D

Of course! Let us know when it lands.

Nina, I want to amend my statement regarding the egg yolk jelly. I think you may be right about the fish ID. We also saw a Scrippsia pacifica on the way out to the barge.
I checked the BAUE website and found some pictures of the egg yolk jelly, though one website I went to said they can be as large as 2'. I swear this one was bigger.

I bought a Boxster right before I learned how to dive. Unfortunate timing as it wasn't exactly the best dive vehicle. It is _possible_ to dive out of one though you buddy will have to drive separately. In one case my buddy (driving separately) was diving out of his 300ZX. In terms of cargo space it made the Boxster seem like a panel van. :auto:

Clinton

Nina, I want to amend my statement regarding the egg yolk jelly. I think you may be right about the fish ID. We also saw a Scrippsia pacifica on the way out to the barge.
I checked the BAUE website and found some pictures of the egg yolk jelly, though one website I went to said they can be as large as 2'. I swear this one was bigger.

2 Feet sounds about right for the maximum diameter of the bell but the tentacles can be very, very long indeed. 20 feet or more I'd reckon.

Clinton

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom