Monterey Diving Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree with Fisheater. The shore dives here are phenomenal, and on weekdays you'll have fewer other divers to deal with :) It should be pretty easy to get into Point Lobos as well (you'd need reservations on weekends). You can post a thread here indicating your experience level and that you're seeking mid-week buddies to dive with; I know there are quite a few here with regular schedules and who don't need their arm twisted much to make a weekday dive :)

sorry,

I'm coming over from Maryland. I have about 80 dives and dive off offshore Moorehead and Va. Beach. I have an Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures through TDI and own a drysuit. Usually I dive HP100 doubles with a 40 stage, but will soon be diving with a steel 80 as a hang bottle. I am in good general shape and have a good tolerance to cold and tend to not over breath on my regs :wink:.

I would be looking to come in around the 1st or 2nd in Oct, and the weekend looks good to dive with the Cypress, as they have a 3 dive day on that Saturday. I would like to stay as long as the 9th before coming home and I just want to get a couple dives in a day over the week.

thanks!
Jeff
443 610 7293

I see a couple of recommendations for Lone Oak, so I won't repeat that. The Travelodge on freemont street also has a divers rinse area and if you ask they will give you a divers discount.
either one should be fine.
As for shore dives, post here, someone will be available to go out and dive. This group is very friendly, and we all love to show off our dive sites.

Lone Oak offers a 10% diver discount if you ask..nothing fancy but they do have a nive hot tub and a great rinse area.
Lots of other properties as well..Orbitz maybe to find some deals?

Its a good time of year to dive here!You will love it!
Take a look around beside the diving-Its a beautiful area! Carmel..Pac Grove..17 mile drive..a ride down to Big Sur.? The aquarium is world class and definitely worth a look!

Enjoy!
Drew

Second the suggestion on Aquarium.
They currently have a Great White in the outer bay tank. It is a rare opportunity to see a GW up close. They won't keep it for long so go see it while it lasts.

Also the sea-horse and Jelly Fish exhibits are awesome.

My other favorite activity is to rent a bike on Cannery Row and bike upto Asilomar..

Okay so I'm going to be doing some Big Sur diving. I'm diving with Truth and they are going out of Morro Bay. I can drive up to Monterey on Thursday and would love to get a couple of dives in. If anyone is able to do a weekday dive I would appreciate the buddy!

thanks!
Jeff
443 610 7293

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom