Monterey diving Labor Day weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverZero

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So to post a RECENT thread about diving Monterey Labor Day weekend...

I'm looking for people to dive with on the 4th or 5th, ideally. I'm still a new diver, so I don't think monastery would be the best idea, but would be up for other shore spots.

I'm also just looking for people to dive with in general. Would like to get in the water as often as time and money permit. Feel free to contact me if interested!

thanks!!

Hey Diver Zero,

I'm Dave and I live in San Jose. My wife and I are also new divers. I love Monterey diving but my wife pretty much wants to stick to warm water diving. We have plans to dive with a dive master during the Labor Day weekend but would be interested in diving other weekends. I'd be interested in diving every other week.

Feel free to email me at dave@bimmergeek.com and let me know what you're looking for in a dive buddy.

Later,
Dave

Count me in guys, I'm available the 4th and 6th for sure on the 4th. Let me know.

DiverZero

I may be in for Labor Day weekend and for subsequent diving.

Im a bit more experienced, but have not been diving alot recently, so basic shore dives are fine by me. Let me know if you have anything planned.

Great. Sounds like enough to actually plan something! I'm free 9.4 and 9.5. Would be fine with either or both those days! I'm fine with just breakwater, if the sea nettles aren't over running it. Of course, I'd be into trying a new place. Is it really true you need to make reservations for whaler's cove?

Yes, really true you need to reserve at Pt. Lobos (Whaler's Cove). They only allow 15 dive teams per day, weekends book up weeks in advance.

If you want your wife to be your dive buddy here, get her a drysuit and do not skimp on the under garments. With an Otter Bay hood the water will feel tropical...well almost.

Yes, really true you need to reserve at Pt. Lobos (Whaler's Cove). They only allow 15 dive teams per day, weekends book up weeks in advance.

Very good information to know! Thanks! 15 teams sounds like not a whole lot of divers. I guess that's a good thing, too. When you do get to dive there, at least it's not packed!

I was looking through the dive sites listed here: SCUBA MONTEREY, San Francisco Bay Area Scuba Diving Courses.

I'd love to get out to the shale beds and see the sunk sail boat, but I guess I should get some more dives under my belt as it's listed as advanced. And the met fields are technically a little deeper than I should be at this stage... Are there other good beginner level beach sites around monterey or the bay area?

Hoping we get something together for this weekend! I'm itching to get back in the water!!

I believe MacAbee and Lover's 1 are both considered novice dive sites. Those are the ones I feel the most comfortable bringing people I haven't dived with before. Not too deep, easy entry and exit.

Lover's Cove and MacAbee beach are good beginner sites as well. Each one is pretty shallow too. They don't have the external showers for rinsing off your gear that Breakwater does.

Very good information to know! Thanks! 15 teams sounds like not a whole lot of divers. I guess that's a good thing, too. When you do get to dive there, at least it's not packed!

I was looking through the dive sites listed here: SCUBA MONTEREY, San Francisco Bay Area Scuba Diving Courses.

I'd love to get out to the shale beds and see the sunk sail boat, but I guess I should get some more dives under my belt as it's listed as advanced. And the met fields are technically a little deeper than I should be at this stage... Are there other good beginner level beach sites around monterey or the bay area?

Hoping we get something together for this weekend! I'm itching to get back in the water!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom