Monterey conditions today 12/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alibi 2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
A friend who is a DM on the Escapade called and reported flat conditions out on the bay with approx. 100' of vis...another instructor at Breakwater reported it was "flat as a pancake" and she walked out as far as possible on the breakwater and could see the bottom at all times for unbelieveable vis...we are diving tommorrow and sunday...and I will report the conditions at breakwater...

Go geter done !!!! Look forward to reading your report have fun.

Conditions in Monterey last weekend were so awesome I forgot to report back. Actually I was totally bummed because My broken foot is still healing and the closet I could get to the water was the tidepools or walking out on the breakwater wall...I walked all the way out to the coastguard gate and you could see the divers at the wall like they were only a foot down..the water was crystal clear.

The ocean was flat calm and almost no surf. Lots of inflatables were going out from the launch ramp and the coasties were busy citing the over loaded boats...Remember the law requires a life jacket on board for ever passanger..a wetsuit or a BC do not count as an approved floation device.

The weather was cool but no wind. I actually got a light sunburn on sat. On sunday the rain started in the afternoon. With the rain the ocean actually got calmer...Today here in Santa Cruz the wind is picking up and the rain is comming in as a new storm front will be moving thru..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom