Monterey conditions rock!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
Wednesday Aug 6 -

Monastery North - 40' vis
Breakwater - 25-30' vis, playful sealions

Did a 60 minute 100' max depth at Monastery, and 65 minute 48' max depth at Breakwater. Will post reports if I find some time - moving house in a day or two.

somewhere in California.....whats the water temp?

Yep vis was as good as I've ever seen at Breakwater over the weekend I'd estimate 25+.

Water temp was around 54

Didn't see an otter up close, but there was one literally coming up to within a foot or two of some kids playing in the surf. Had a couple of cool sealion encounters - they were just zooming around, looking in our masks, etc. Saw a California Moray as well - that was a first.

We had some decent fills too - my buddy got an accidental 3600psi in his AL80, and I had a 2900 fill in my LP95 - some work had just been done on the fill bank we used, and all of the gauges were seriously out of whack. Burst disks didn't go, so we figured the safest thing to do would be get the tanks in cold water, and dive them :)

Last dives I'll probably ever do in Monterey. Leaving for Australia later this month. At least there's some wrecks where I'm moving!

Last dives I'll probably ever do in Monterey. Leaving for Australia later this month. [/B]

Really sorry to hear that Ben. It was a pleasure meeting you briefly on that boat trip from hell six weeks or so ago.

Cheers,

Sean

I heard the diving in Monterey was really good right now. I also heard the water at breakwater is very warm. I've pretty much stayed away from breakwater, but it sounds like it may be time to give it a visit again. It sure is convenient to get your tank filled there. I actually heard the temp was nearing 60 degrees, but I wonder how exagerated that might be...
:guitar:

Scubaroo once bubbled...
We had some decent fills too - my buddy got an accidental 3600psi in his AL80, and I had a 2900 fill in my LP95 - some work had just been done on the fill bank we used, and all of the gauges were seriously out of whack. Burst disks didn't go, so we figured the safest thing to do would be get the tanks in cold water, and dive them :)

Yes, very important to get those over-filled tanks into cold water and bleed/breathe them down :wink:

Safe Diving Down Under...

Scubaroo once bubbled...

Last dives I'll probably ever do in Monterey. Leaving for Australia later this month. At least there's some wrecks where I'm moving!

So I take it your visa situation wasnt resolved? thats too bad. I was hoping Id run into you sometime in monterey.

scubasean once bubbled...

Really sorry to hear that Ben. It was a pleasure meeting you briefly on that boat trip from hell six weeks or so ago.

Cheers,

Sean
Same Sean. If you're ever on a boat again and that happens, get a vote going to have the recall siren sounded! I had no idea there were only 4 divers in the water from the entire boat until after the dive.

Oopsies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom