Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MBS is a solid crew over there. I never done a night dive - that’ll be motivation to get my AOW.
They did a great job for me. No nitrox, just O2 clean air, but they also sold me a hard-to-find tank boot.

If anyone finds a small (5 mm / .25 in) silver colored earring on the grass at the top of San Carlos, please DM me.

And if anyone has a place that they like for regulator service, please post here:

Thanks,
Walt

Two dives yesterday -- one in Carmel, at North Monastery, after its neighboring beach -- Carmel River -- was a bit of a frothy mess and stank, for whatever reason, like tetramin flakes. Six to seven meter visibility, about halfway out to the "splash rock"; though murkier closer to shore and also, oddly, at about 30 meters.

Two very large molas were seen.

Flat at both sites, with about 13˚ C water.

The second dive at San Carlos Beach, on the way back, was much the same, though with a bit more light overhead, having approached noontime. Visibility was much the same as outside of the bay, for a change -- no sea lions but a lone "ballistic sausage" harbor seal shadowed me for a while.

Some dimbo from the aquarium yelled at me (yet again) from the breakwater, when I eventually surfaced; turned out that I was about a meter or so away from an otter who couldn't have cared less about my presence and made no effort, whatsoever, to move away. Her yelling, through cupped hands, was far more startling to both of us.

A "vegan" taco truck (I don't even know where to begin) tooled through the parking lot a couple of times, but there seemed to have been no takers -- and it really reminded me of that old "liver & onions" Far Side cartoon . . .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-19 at 11.21.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-19 at 11.21.39 AM.png
    265.1 KB · Views: 30
Dove the breakwater on Sunday. Terrible, no good, bad. Once I was in the water, pea soup and got plenty of practice in keeping your buddies close but I was ready to do lost diver if I got separated.

The entry and exits were gnarly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom