monterey, ca visit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hantzu701

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to be in Monterey, CA on Sat/Sunday. It's part of a larger trip with a non-diver, so I wasn't planning to dive. But, it seems to be a shame to go to Monterey and not get into the water.

Are there options to take a short shore dive?

Thanks

myself and two others are planning to do some diving Saturday morning if you're interested. Meeting up at 8am for the first one, probably 11~ish for the second one. Beginner to intermediate level dives. PM me your contact info if you're interested.

Plenty.
As far as short shore dives are concerned, Breakwater is your best bet. It's the quickest and easiest dive with easy access to tanks, air and supplies (walking distance). It's not the best dive in the area, but it's a good 'cure for the itch'. Looking at the wave models (here) it looks like Saturday is better than Sunday. If you had more time or more notice, I would highly recommend Whaler's Cove, but that usually requires at least 3 weeks advance notice to get on the list. If you were to come down to Monterey again in the future, look into going there.

Check your PMs.

myself and two others are planning to do some diving Saturday morning if you're interested. Meeting up at 8am for the first one, probably 11~ish for the second one. Beginner to intermediate level dives. PM me your contact info if you're interested.

I'm interested to go. Is this party still open?

Aww, I'm sorry I didn't see this post in time. My apologies VladC.

:(

I must say that it was interesting diving in the pouring rain. At least I didn't have to worry about overheating in my wetsuit during the approach. :D

Visibility at the Breakwater was poor, but I too appreciated the cool rain and just being in the water. I would definitely enjoy diving with you guys again in the future.

Did the OP ever make it out there?

He wrote to me -- his schedule ended up precluding diving, but he's hoping to hook up with some of you folks the next time.

Back
Top Bottom