Monterey Boat dive suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vimaldude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I haven't done a Monterey boat dive since my AOW certification.
I would like suggestions on which boat and where to dive to get back in "water", so to say. I have been doing shore dives around BW and Lovers.

I don't want to end up on a boat with all advanced divers and find myself out of my 'depth'. Which boats/charters do beginner/intermediate dives in Monterey? Should I do an am or pm dive?
Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Vimal.

PS: Thanks Mike Guarrero and Mainank for wonder company on Saturday at Lovers pt.
Hope to meet you guys more often.

On the 21st the Cypress Sea is doing another "Friendly Friday" charter. Two dives in the bay at non aggressive sites. I'd avoid the 3 dive charters for now as they tend to be for AOW classes so the first dive is gonna be deep. And if you don't have your sea legs it might be a little too much boat time for ya.

You can also look at the 6 pack charters as you could voice your opinion and have it carry more weight (1 diver out of 6 vs 1 diver out 12-20). I know there are several people here who love the Sanctuary for 6 pack charters.

Beach Hopper II was diving in Otter Cove today. Seemed like a pretty shallow dive. Check them out if you are diving on the weekend. I think they might have been holding an OW class though...

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom