Monterey Bay Diving - April 11 - 14th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

congrats on the cert. There should be plenty of people this weekend, Reefcheck has a BBQ at the BW and the classes are also showing up in force.

Maybe we'll see you out there

I didnt make it today, however we are going to take a look at lobos tomorrow morning, and if it looks good we are going to dive there. If not and things look too rough probably breakwater instead.

Devin - those are great photos. How does your friend like his fins? I've seen them advertised but have always been curious about their actual functionality.

Oh, and what kind of camera set up are you using (if you don't mind my asking)?

Devin - those are great photos. How does your friend like his fins? I've seen them advertised but have always been curious about their actual functionality.

Oh, and what kind of camera set up are you using (if you don't mind my asking)?

Camera: Olympus SP560
Housing: Olympus PT-037 Underwater Housing
Flash: UFL-1 Underwater Strobe

The fins were actually bought by alibi2, and she didn't like them so Bryan tried them out. We told him he looked like a Transformer with them on. They worked better for him cuz he has a stronger kick to lock them in the down position. They're only made in large and xlarge, with an insert that makes them sort of medium. I don't think they had women in mind when they made them.

Camera: Olympus SP560
Housing: Olympus PT-037 Underwater Housing
Flash: UFL-1 Underwater Strobe

The fins were actually bought by alibi2, and she didn't like them so Bryan tried them out. We told him he looked like a Transformer with them on. They worked better for him cuz he has a stronger kick to lock them in the down position. They're only made in large and xlarge, with an insert that makes them sort of medium. I don't think they had women in mind when they made them.

Out of curiosity how do you feel about your camera setup? That whole set is less than just the enclosure for my Nikon w/out a strobe. The 8MP is pretty nice, how is the video? It does look pretty nice, compact, and like it has a large viewing angle.

Hmm, thanks for the info dhammer. I am in the process of working on a new u/w set up and have just only begun my research.... Helps to know what people are shooting with when they take good photos. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom