Monterey Bay Diving - April 11 - 14th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darth_Rahl

Registered
Reaction score
Sup guys, I just wanted to start a thread about diving next weekend as I have just completed my PADI open water cert. Bbanchi and I are diving at the break water on friday (since we are newly PADI certified), and if you can get the time off you are more than welcome to dive with us. Let us know if you can come along. We are planning to dive on the left side of the beach along the large pipe that lines up with foam street, in the morning, and then after a quick lunch go down again for a second dive in the kelp, again on the left side of the beach.

Saturday we are going to dive Mcabee beach which is between El torrito and the fish hopper. I've heard that this is a great place to see the harbor seals.

we should make a reservation at el torrito, and park there in the morning, do our first dive, have lunch at el torrito and then go on a second dive. For the first dive I would like to do a quick buoyancy check at the surface, and then to descend to about 40 feet for about 40 minutes.

If everyone is feeling really confident, I can see us staying down longer for the second dive, at say 30 feet.

Sunday Jessica (My GF) and I will be at Breakwater again to dive the wall, and then after lunch a second dive on the left side of the beach in the kelp. Again anyone who wants to join us is welcome.

Monday is up, in the air, for sure I will be in the water but I am not sure where, I was thinking maybe lovers cove or some such.

As of right now this plan is not 100% set in stone so if anyone has any suggestions please do share them. Also I want to let you all know that I am not expecting to do anything advanced, and all these dives are for novices. The goal of these dives is to increase my comfort level in the water, and gain some real world dive experience.

Congrats both of you on your OW certification - great accomplishment. And super-glad to hear that you are heading out to dive again! Very good. I am not sure if Mark and I are going to be down this weekend. We just got home from Florida and I need to send my BC in for some stitch repair so I would have to rent one. I know, not a biggie but you know ......... Anyhow I will be in touch if we head down.

Otherwise, keep the May 10th Meet and Greet on your radars!

Florida must have been awesome!

Well if you find yourself having cold water withdrawals seasoned pro's like you two are always welcome :wink:. I don't know about the 10th as of yet since at this point im supposed to be out of town for mothers day/ mom's b-day/ sisters b-day.

Sarah,

My dive buddy Daniel and I will be diving this weekend, Saturday. We plan two dives at lovers and then getting an extra at the Break Water...

I'd like to see you and your hubby this weekend, so I can introduce you to my dive buddy....

MG

p.s
Congrats on your PADI certs....

We might be down on Saturday although I am not holding my breath about it. I just turned over my BC for some repair work, so we'll have to see what transpires over the next few days. I'd like to come down and do a dive somewhere, especially if the forecast holds/improves.

Otherwise, I'll have to meet your buddy some other time MG :)

MG

My buddy and me (sorry couldn't resist) would love to meet your buddy. Any interest in meeting up for a dive?

Hi bbianchi,

Meeting up for dive? That would be cool, Sarah is really big on the Meet and Greet events at Monterey, I've learned to have fun with them.

As the weekend closes in I'll shoot you a PM to see if we can make the dive as a unit. Sarah, what happened in Florida, did the BC get caught on something? Did it malfunction?

MG

Sounds great to me! Don't know if your available to dive on Fridays as well, but theres a group of us this Friday (Monday too.. thinking about doing Lobos) and then ill be planning on diving almost every Friday. Ill probably give the pick up buddy / group thing a shot for that.

Back
Top Bottom