Monovision and Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nkw5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I wear contacts and have been very happy with monovision except when underwater. It's getting too hard to read the gauges and see the tiny LCD screen on my camera. I have a mask with two lenses. Do you think it would help to have a single window mask?

I had Lasik done about eight months ago on one eye (mono vision). My vision underwater has not really changed althought I have not yet used my camera. My left eye is now set for distance while the right eye was not touched and has good close vision.

How do you see a single lens mask mask changing your situation? Do you wear the contacts to get monovision, or for adjusting underwater?

I guess I wasn't clear enough. I use contacts to give me monovision all the time--above and below water. Since I have no trouble with near or far vision above water, I was wondering if the single lense would change the way I focus under water as opposed to the two-lense mask I have.

I tried both types of masks over the past few months and did not notice any difference. I don't use any corrections in the mask lens. Has your vision changed recently?

I use mono viz contacts...get in a little prob with my camera...sometimes i stick the wrong lens in to focus with on my camera

Back
Top Bottom