Monkey Hot Water Heater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

auen1

Registered
Reaction score
I have just acquired really nice looking dive heater. It's called a Monkey Heater.

I have the operational manual, but I was wondering if anyone has used these heaters and have any tips, tricks, do's, don't's, etc.

This thing is a beast.
The heating unit is mounted and enclosed in a steel, welded, square tubular frame, measuring 46” x 26” x 30.5”, weighing approximately 300lbs. The submersible water pump with a 25 foot umbilical is packed in the frame with the fuel tank.
The heating unit is designed to operate on a 120 VAC, 60Hz, 20 amp, single-phase power source, using #1 or #2 diesel oil.
The unit is rated at 350,000 B.T.U. an hour output and is capable of heating the outlet water to temperatures in excess of 200° F., depending on the size of the fuel nozzle used and the inlet water temperature. The heater will maintain the set operating output temperature to +/- 1° F. Do not heat salt water is excess of 135 degrees F for it may crystallize inside the coils.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom