Moniker/Nickname change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loosenit2

si respiratio sub aqua amet
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have looked several times and search SB under moniker and nickname and can’t find the answer.

Every user has a nickname under their screen name and avatar. Most common ones are Barracuda, Solo Diver, grouper etc.

What generates these and is there a way to change them? If there is some deep meaning to it I would love to know what it is.

Thanks in advance

I have looked several times and search SB under moniker and nickname and can’t find the answer.

Every user has a nickname under their screen name and avatar. Most common ones are Barracuda, Solo Diver, grouper etc.

What generates these and is there a way to change them? If there is some deep meaning to it I would love to know what it is.

Thanks in advance

Most are based on number of posts that you have. Some are based on which groups you join (like the folks from the "Pub"). Others, like mine, are because a few mods thought it would be a) a nice surprise, b) appropriate, c) funny (which it is), and d) because I can't change it or do anything about it. All of the above are true. :D @Searcaigh @nato

Most are based on number of posts that you have.
Or whether you have joined a certain group (like "solo divers"). If you have joined more than one of those "certain" groups, there's a hierarchy and the top group decides your moniker. Don't ask me what the top group is, I have no idea. And I'm a staff member.

But if you become a "supporter" (paying member), you can decide your own personal moniker. If you want to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom