Mondays Photo ~ Inverts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey that was fun.

Dee - did you use a wet close-up lens on the bristle worm? If so which one? I just ordered a couple of them from Ryan last week and I'm anxiously waiting for them. Like you, I'm having a hard time reaching Ryan. Left email & phone message but nothing. I thought it was ordered but never got the confirmation email he said I would get so now I don't even know if they are on the way... well, I digress

I was curious about the lens because that shot is really nice and seems to have much more DOF than I expected from a close-up lens - or do Olys just have a better macro than my G2 - or is that one huge bristleworm :)

ssra30 - That's a cool nudi! looks like one we have in Hawaii that only found here called a gold lace nudi. Same markings and gills but a different color. here's a picture of one

Chippy - nice xmastree worms - yes they are invertibrates. I like the pastel colors

Dr Bill - how big, or I guess, how small were these critters. And what were you shooting with - very crisp.

Dive Girl - I've always said that if there was ever a reason to don a dry suit and enter water that cold, those guys would be the reason. One of the things that got me into diving was a description of your giants in a Cousteau (sp) book on octopus I read years ago. Still haven't done it but it's on my list...

Aloha all!

Tortuga, nice picture of the gold lace nudi. Mine is a Halgerda carlsoni. It does not seem to have a common name that I could find. Not exactly common but can be found around SE Asia and eastern Asia and a slight variant in Africa, I think.

Tortuga Roja once bubbled...
Hey that was fun.

Dee - did you use a wet close-up lens on the bristle worm? If so which one? I just ordered a couple of them from Ryan last week and I'm anxiously waiting for them. Like you, I'm having a hard time reaching Ryan. Left email & phone message but nothing. I thought it was ordered but never got the confirmation email he said I would get so now I don't even know if they are on the way... well, I digress

No...I don't have an add-on macro lens. That was taken with my C-4040, using the macro setting and the internal flash.

I got an answering email from Ryan yesterday. He had been out of town and busy with non-photo business. instead of relying on emails, I called his store and talked to Jim to place the order for the light holder. I'll call again later to talk to Ryan about lenses. I'm curious about stacking lenses...I've heard some say it was really hard to focus whereas others are showing great results. With the super macro on my current C-5050 I may not need them,but I want the ability to zoom closer, not GET closer physically.

I've got until March to figure it all out! :wink:

Tortuga Roja- I shoot mini DV footage since the video is my medium for educational use and the still images from it, quarter sized are nice and sharp, great for web sites.

Of course the fact that I'm shooting 30 fps gives me a real edge on the still photographers, but you guys take me on resolution!

These ctenophores were less than an inch in diameter and about 1-2" long.

Dr. Bill

nudibranch in monterey click for larger

Everyone's photos are great!

I know it's Tuesday already, but can I still post?

This was in Yap. Not sure the actual name of the sea cucumber, but it was hungry.
(this is my first time trying to post a photo, so I apologize if it doesn't work...)

Here's one from a deep dive in Seokcho, SK.
Starfish.jpg

mmmmm.....that picture sucks. Why can't i seem to get it to fit without those jagged lines showing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom