Monday SD dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doh Im kinda out of it for this week, But i will be up for it next week. And im not exactly sure where the shores are. I only know the big beach area which is the big parking lot by the big/main lifeguard tower. Btw what have the water temps been lately, i might have to get a vest for my suit. i currently have just a fullsuit 7mil excel, i have been looking to order a custom just couldent figure out where i wanted to get it from which i figure im going with aquaflite. Now i just need to get measured.

mk57nato:
And im not exactly sure where the shores are. I only know the big beach area which is the big parking lot by the big/main lifeguard tower. .

that's the place

Btw what have the water temps been lately, i might have to get a vest for my suit.

It's been getting chilly in the canyon. I would recommend a vest.

Roy, we are on for the 10th of course!

I am hoping to dive tomorrow evening. I have to return John's depth finder, so I will at least return that. Since it seems the vis is really good in Laguna, I may try to dive up there if possible tomorrow since I will be there. Paul was going to go for some lobsters, which we could still do if your interested. I will bring my gear just in case.

Sean and Paul - lets do Terry's dive at 6:30 and then go over to Boomers or Casa for lobsters? Or - we can meet at the Shores and if Terry is late or can't make it then we can relocate and search for the lobster. It is pretty worthless to try while the sun is still up isn't it?

mk57nato:
the big beach area which is the big parking lot by the big/main lifeguard tower. Btw what have the water temps been lately, i might have to get a vest for my suit. i currently have just a fullsuit 7mil excel.

I have been diving in just a 5mm - but I just got a 7mm that I will be using from now on! I was pretty dang cold in the canyon - it was about 51. Hope that helps.

Hmmm maybe i should get my fishing license before next week. i ordered a vest hopefully it will be here by next week and fit also. Another question, what size tank do you dive with. I sure youll beat me on air, but if your doing doubles it would be far worse. I am using an hp 100 but im huffing right now, i need to get back out and exercise.... hmmmm maybe i could skip breathe... :11: j/k btw. Hmmm maybe if i get out more often i might even stop smoking....nawwwww nobody likes a quitter... winners never quit and quiters never win :eyebrow:
I was asking about the temps because the last time i was in the canyon at about 80 we hit a thermocline and oboy was it cold. high 40's brrrrrrr

I think you may want to focus on 1 thing at a time for now. You should get back in the water before you worry about your fishing license. We dove tonight and it was 49 degrees at 80 feet...so yes, it is cold! I dive with an Aluminum 80 but other dive with steel 100's. Like you said - the more you get out there the better you'll be with the air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom