Monastery Success!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

North Monastery? Isn't that Carmel River beach? I really like that whole bay. It's true that monastery can kill you! When I was DMing a class there we had about 10 rescues, we were pretty busy and it was only the entry! But that's how it is, the entry/exit is tough. Another event I know about is a group of my friends went down to Monterey to do some diving. This crew likes to PARTAY!!! From what they told me they did everything wrong. Got in Friday night and partied until they dropped, got an hour sleep, drove down still drunk. They were using Navy tables. They pushed DEEP into the canyon, way further than I'll say. Did another dive at BW and partied all over again. They rolled out Sunday morning still buzzed and did the same abyssmal dive profile. They ran out of air on the way up and had to buddy breathe/skip minor deco stops. When they surfaced one was paralyzed and the other started getting bent slower. They got to the beach and passersby called 911. They got lifted out and both went for a ride in the chamber. One stayed for multiple treatments. I drove down to pick the other up and bring him home. It was a crazy weekend...

...wait, I got distracted with all the doom and gloom. Monastery is awesome! Good to hear you had a blast! Let us know how your next adventure goes...

On the plus side, the chamber is only ten minutes away, with the hospital halfway between the two... :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom