Monastery questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At least we're discussing some techniques for entry/exit. It seems that the vast majority of people who have had incidents at Monastery have no formal training in rough water entry/exits.

As I recall, my problem at Monastery started with not having enough weight. And then a massive leak in my drysuit compounded things. And I think I lost something when it fell out of the inflatable. But still a good time and got to meet a funny guy.

Thal's comment on embolisms is a good one. You could be at the very top of your inhale when a wave passes over. In the excitement you get ready to strain yourself and in the process close off your airway. It's not a conscious thought, it just happens.
I still think you should enter with your reg in your mouth, just keep in mind that you should time the waves and breath out when ducking under.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom