Molle racks in trucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Has anyone tried these for keeping tanks and rebreathers up right, strapped into the molle rack?

Are they secure enough?

Not sure what you mean by molle rack.

I have been using these to store tanks upright in my truck and on boats for years - they are rock solid.

Not sure what you mean by molle rack.

I have been using these to store tanks upright in my truck and on boats for years - they are rock solid.

That's an example. You would use ratchet straps, the clamps you listed etc on those to keep the tanks upright.

I mounted them on a 2x4 frame but yeah they work great. The quick fists are much quicker and easier to deal with than ratchets.

There's usually tank(s) in my truck; never had one fall. Knock on wood!

I mounted them on a 2x4 frame but yeah they work great. The quick fists are much quicker and easier to deal with than ratchets.

There's usually tank(s) in my truck; never had one fall. Knock on wood!

How did you attach the 2×4's. Pictures would be great.

If you are adding something new, you might consider adding L-Track or E-Track around the front and sides. Lots of options with those systems, including 2x?s cross-beams for cargo stops or cargo shelves/tables with the E-Track.

The bed of the truck is plywood sheet. I keyed the bottom of the frame into the plywood and the top of the frame goes under the lip of the bed. Very simple and secure and it didn't require drilling into the truck.

Will shoot some pics in daylight.
How did you attach the 2×4's. Pictures would be great.

My bed is rino liner, I follow what you did though

If you are adding something new, you might consider adding L-Track or E-Track around the front and sides. Lots of options with those systems, including 2x?s cross-beams for cargo stops or cargo shelves/tables with the E-Track.

Those would work very well, just need to see if I can stand up the 40's

I had them in my Taco and ended up removing all but one. I like my bed covered and standing tanks were just not cutting it. With tanks laying flat down, I could not see the benefit from the molle racks. They also never sat well in a Taco on the driver side, so I removed them.

Back
Top Bottom