Molex Part # for rEvo O2 sensor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is just lazy BS.
Carrying all the gas you need for a 420ft dive does make you look like a Christmas tree but its totally do able. Also bringing safety divers so you are not tethered to the mooring is also do-able. Relying on team BO went the way of the dodo years ago because it does not work (reliably).

There are units which are more and less sensitive to flooding, loop humidity, basically water in one form or another inside. Bringing 5 sensors so you can afford to lose some and dive with a broken unit is balony. This issue is solved by buying a unit which is easier to field repair or better yet designed so you don't have internal corrosion in the first place. Alternatively, in a pinch, get it inspected and serviced before a trip of a lifetime half a world away.

You were correct. They could NOT fix his effed connector.

My point was not really meant to say 5 sensors is better because then you can dive with a broken unit and still have 3. My anecdote may not have been very well-chosen. My point there was that, if you don't want to use splitters, then a 3 sensor digital unit has a single point of failure in the O2 board. A 5 sensor unit with an analog monitor means that you can lose your digital O2 board and still finish your dive in CC mode, on the loop. The rest of that was just meant to present an example where it would really be preferable to stay on the loop versus going to BO. Moreso than a cave dive where you have staged PLENTY of BO gas along your exit.

Maybe carrying 5 x AL80s of BO is no big deal (though it sounds like a big deal, to me), and maybe that is plenty of gas to get out if you do bail at the furthest point of your really deep dive. But, for a dive like that, the idea that you could also have any single 1st stage blow out and lose one of your cylinders of BO gas would make me pretty nervous.

I realize that what I'm talking about now is losing your O2 board AND 1 first stage, and our mantra is "we only plan for 1 failure". That idea still seems like it would make me nervous, even if I were trained and qualified for a dive that deep. Technically, I am trained for an OC dive that deep (though I don't have the experience and workup dives to say I'm qualified for 420 feet). If I were planning that dive on OC, I would certainly be allowing for the possibility of losing a whole cylinder of gas. Not allowing for that when planning that kind of dive on CCR because "we only plan for 1 failure" just doesn't feel right to me.

But, if there is an alternative that makes it where I can stay on the loop, in CC mode, if I lose my O2 board, well, that seems like a pretty good idea.

To summarize, if I am reading correctly. You want 5 sensors so you can dive a broken unit? When you read it, does it sound like a good plan?
5 bottles should be manageable for someone undertaking 400+ foot dives.
One bailout first stage failure would be catastrophic?
If you have 5 bailout bottles and you are bailed out, at any point, you have 4 other regs not currently being utilized. They can be swapped underwater if need be.
Planning for redundancy of redundancy is a rabbit hole not worth going down. You can't in realty plan for your rebreather to fail and then your bailouts to fail also, you would never get in the water.

You were correct. They could NOT fix his effed connector.

My point was not really meant to say 5 sensors is better because then you can dive with a broken unit and still have 3. My anecdote may not have been very well-chosen. My point there was that, if you don't want to use splitters, then a 3 sensor digital unit has a single point of failure in the O2 board. A 5 sensor unit with an analog monitor means that you can lose your digital O2 board and still finish your dive in CC mode, on the loop. The rest of that was just meant to present an example where it would really be preferable to stay on the loop versus going to BO. Moreso than a cave dive where you have staged PLENTY of BO gas along your exit.

Maybe carrying 5 x AL80s of BO is no big deal (though it sounds like a big deal, to me), and maybe that is plenty of gas to get out if you do bail at the furthest point of your really deep dive. But, for a dive like that, the idea that you could also have any single 1st stage blow out and lose one of your cylinders of BO gas would make me pretty nervous.

I realize that what I'm talking about now is losing your O2 board AND 1 first stage, and our mantra is "we only plan for 1 failure". That idea still seems like it would make me nervous, even if I were trained and qualified for a dive that deep. Technically, I am trained for an OC dive that deep (though I don't have the experience and workup dives to say I'm qualified for 420 feet). If I were planning that dive on OC, I would certainly be allowing for the possibility of losing a whole cylinder of gas. Not allowing for that when planning that kind of dive on CCR because "we only plan for 1 failure" just doesn't feel right to me.

But, if there is an alternative that makes it where I can stay on the loop, in CC mode, if I lose my O2 board, well, that seems like a pretty good idea.

Thanks @tbone1004

I was a bit confused by the photo on Amazon as it had 6 circuits and no ridges, but when I plugged in the part number 22013037 elsewhere I got this photo. Which look like whats in the rebreather, so thanks

0022013037 Molex | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey

Final question do you know why a dream O2 sensor splitter and a shearwater O2 sensor splitter are different. They look the same?
My understanding is that the rEvo dreams have a resistor built in and the shearwater products don't, so that's why the splitter is a different part number for 2 shearwater computers or for 1 shearwater and 1 rEvo dream.

Once again, the number of people dying on BO is miniscule. The number of people nursing along a broken unit to avoid switching to BO is responsible for 99+% of the CCR deaths which are not medical issues. Occasionally someone is hyperoxic, they bail, but their O2 levels were so high they tox as they go to BO (<1min later). This is not a BO fatality.

Unbeknownst to you, you nursed your flooded revo to the surface. If you'd gone head down at any moment you would probably be dead with chemical burns to your mouth, esophagus, and trachea from pH 14 caustic water. Now you are scheming ways to stay on the loop with dubious O2 monitoring... This is how people die.

You only throw out 2 sensors per year?! How long are you running your sensors??
I don't run any sensor more than 12 months, so I'm throwing out 5 per year.

I use the the rEvo P3 cell changing policy, "the system works as follows: as soon as the youngest of all sensors in your system (3, 4 or 5) reaches the age of 6 months, you replace the weakest (the one that reacts the slowest on PPO2 changes, or the one that seems to become closest to current limiting, during the test at 6/7meters), or if you can’t find a ‘weakest’, then the oldest in your system. If of course a sensor fails before the youngest gets 6 months old, you replace it, and the latter one becomes the youngest at that moment." and I have been lucky in the first year, no failure,

Although, it was a new unit this time last year, and I concur I would expect to throw out closer to the 3.65 average cells every year.

Lots of things to buy yet .... booster, compressor, DPV .... trimix analyzer ..... backup perdix or teric ,,,, boat

After reading this thread I'll need to add Bail-Out Rebreather to the list of things to buy.
:surrender:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom