Molest any wildlife lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geez people, don't you think the 1500-2000lb whale shark would just swim down or away, if it felt threatened by a few snorklers?

underwasser bolt:
Their world, not ours???

Do you live directly in the ocean? If can breath water 365 days, go deep down to 3,000 feet, migrate from where you are back to California then I'll agre with you that the ocean is our world.

underwasser bolt:
The People's Republic of California needs to get a grip.

tsk tsk tsk, so much hatred, you need a hug :hug:

underwasser bolt:
Their world, not ours??? Which planet do you come from? I generally dont mind creatures crawling on me, unless they hurt me. If I find a spider on my arm, I find him a new home. So by your logic, I am good to go to touch whatever??? I got bit on the ear last weekend by a fish. when it came back for a closer look, I swatted it away. My ear hurt like hell, the fish lived, and if it had not, I could have always had a nice dinner. Too much of anything is a negative, including too green. The People's Republic of California needs to get a grip.

Thank you very much.
If I'm not mistaken the Human domain extends from the Marinas Trench all the way to the Moon. I guess it's that opposable thumb thing, combined with the abstract thought ability, apex preadator, id, illiad, ego, alpha...

When I started looking at those pictures, I really didnt think much of it..
Then I looked at some more and saw a bunch of people holding on to its fin, which I would think wasnt the whalesharks most favourite thing for one to do. As far as touching a whaleshark by itself (as in "patting it") I dont really see how that would do it damage. Some mental stress by the ammount of people ganging up on it? Possibly, but it SEEMS to have stayed around to let the people get close or even swam close to them to have a looksee. Id think if a whaleshark where swimming around your boat and you entered the water, itd have no problem parking your *** in a swimming contest..

archman:
That's another snorkeler's shoulder.

Check out the big knife on the center snorkeler's leg. I guess he needs that to cut his way out of the whale shark's stomach if it inhales him.:wink:

Oh geeze Arch, I saw an eyeball and a mouth :shocked:. Guess it was looking at the clouds, you can see all sorts of things.

Personally, I do not know what happened there. To me, it looked like the chance of a lifetime. However, from the pics it looks as though people allowed themselves to become out of check/overhwhelmed by its presence and mishandled the shark. It seems they may have stopped thinking.

I wouldn't mind seeing a whale shark, but then I'm not reaching out and touching it. However, thats me and I'm going to keep it that way since I wouldn't want my biologist professor giving the bad looks now. :wink:

RoyN:
I wouldn't mind seeing a whale shark, but then I'm not reaching out and touching it. However, thats me and I'm going to keep it that way since I wouldn't want my biologist professor giving the bad looks now. :wink:

I ain't touchin' it but brother let me tell you my camera will be going ballistic. That said, if he swims away, as many subjects do, well he swims away.

Missdirected:
I ain't touchin' it but brother let me tell you my camera will be going ballistic. That said, if he swims away, as many subjects do, well he swims away.

When did I became a brother? :blinking:

Anyways, yeah my camera would be going crazy as well. I'll have group pictures in front, back, whatever because when do I ever see a shark?

Missdirected:
And if he does, Im not gonna follow him..
Having grown up with animals I learned early that going away means "leave me alone please"

RoyN:
When did I became a brother? :blinking:

Anyways, yeah my camera would be going crazy as well. I'll have group pictures in front, back, whatever because when do I ever see a shark?

Oh grief, lingo I am picking up from my kids, forgive me :D :14:

Actually, I have gotten some decent pics of sharks lately, I have been very lucky. No whale sharks though, some day though. Right now I am pretty keen on finding a mola mola or sunfish. ScubaKevDM recently spotted on in his area. I did a dive with him recently and couldn't stop hoping, the entire dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom