Mola Mola/Moon Jellies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danclem

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So I drive down from the Seattle area to take some photos for a project I am working on. Sunday (11/23) and Monday (11/24) I dive with Chris of Monterey Bay Dive Company. The viz was great Sunday, and more like Puget Sound in June yesterday (8-12 feet).

Anyway, we were starting back from our first Monday dive, and began seeing foot in diameter moon jellies. Pretty soon we are totally surrounded by these beautiful creatures slowly undulating in the Bay. Then a smallish mola mola comes swimming through our gathering. Absolutely fantastic!

Think we will need to bring a contingent from up north down for some diving. The warm water is also nice! :wink:

Cheers,

Dan

So I drive down from the Seattle area to take some photos for a project I am working on. Sunday (11/23) and Monday (11/24) I dive with Chris of Monterey Bay Dive Company. The viz was great Sunday, and more like Puget Sound in June yesterday (8-12 feet).

Anyway, we were starting back from our first Monday dive, and began seeing foot in diameter moon jellies. Pretty soon we are totally surrounded by these beautiful creatures slowly undulating in the Bay. Then a smallish mola mola comes swimming through our gathering. Absolutely fantastic!

Think we will need to bring a contingent from up north down for some diving. The warm water is also nice! :wink:

Cheers,

Dan

Sounds like a wonderful dive! I had an experience of swimming in a huge swarm of moon jellies last summer...it was amazing and how great you had the added bonus of a Mola Mola. Did you get any photos you could share? :D

Cheers,

Dan

OK, so where are the pictures?:wink:

Sorry to say that the only pics of mola mola were from the aquarium. I was rigged for macro, and the viz was not good. As Chris said, good mental images.

Cheers,

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom