Moku Manu Topside Survey Trip (Video)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAndDreams

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ok,

So Jay and I were under no illusions that we would get to dive Moku Manu today. So we went into this little trip of ours with the mindset that we would like to see the site, and if the conditions were right then dive it. So we loaded our gear into the van, hooked up the rubber ducky and off we went. Thirty minutes later (zodiacs are awesome...so versatile) we left K-Bay marina on our way to the island. When we arrived we were on the fence on whether or not to dive the site, not knowing exactly what the conditions could be like underwater, not seeing any other boats, and not wanting to take any chances we stuck to doing a little bit of intel work instead.

So here is a short clip of our topside adventure of Moku Manu, maybe next time we actually get to dive it now that we have been out there and taken a looksy.

Would love to hear some feedback as to what you see on this video as far as conditions are concerned...anyone that has dove this puppy..:)

Sherman

If my memory serves me right, there are a couple real big pinnacles just to the left of that sea-cave.
As a matter of fact I think you guys were right above one of them.
Last time I was out there was in 1995-96. Dove it a bunch when I DM'd for Sonny.

That was a very flat day, good recon and video, hopefully you guys can dive it next time. Make sure you have a capable person in the boat as the currents can be wicked at depth (80-120) sometimes. Strange how they work too, no current at 60 then bam as you go deeper.

Let me get this right...you had the gear with you on the boat, you had those flat conditions and blue water, and you made the trip out there.....
.....and you didn't dive? I am shaking my head in bewilderment!

Drew,

Current was up, which wouldn't have been as bad if we had a third on the boat, and the water was awash with jellies. We are definitely going to dive this one though.

FYI - there is a ramp on Kilua beach. 5 miles to Moku Manu. Never used it, but mapped it out with google. It's about a mile shorter. If that matters :)

oahu - Google Maps

photos

photos

Back
Top Bottom