Moku Manu Topside Survey Trip (Video)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Current was up, which wouldn't have been as bad if we had a third on the boat, and the water was awash with jellies. We are definitely going to dive this one though.

I second Drew - you guys should call yourselves "Hawaii Above Water Explorers".

The Moku Manu current really can be awful, but if you're diving inside the curve of the island where the caves are it's pretty sheltered and current isn't a big issue. It's only 40-60' deep on the inside so it's hard to get yourself into trouble.

The Kailua boat ramp is really sketchy and difficult to use unless you have a small boat with a 3rd wheel on the trailer.

Cool recon of the site Sherman!

I heard that some people actually duck into the little cave there and drop in from there.
Think it was wise you chose to stay topside considering having no one to man the boat...

Still wanna get this thing set up....

so Gabe!!: see if you can get some of those people you been talking about interested in running a six pack or something that way...

Jason

The sea cave used to be home occasionally to a 20' tiger shark, and it was a glorious dive. She was never home when I was there though - I didn't find out about this until after I had stopped working in the Bay. The shark TF pulled a couple of 16' tigers back in the later '90's. Whenever I surfed at KMCAS, I did not board straddle that long offshore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom