modifying the stingray 2 for manual white balance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brucedrummer

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone have info on modifying the stingray 2 for manual white balence.
I have been diving with one for a few years and these are pretty great (simple) rigs.
The main feature that it lacks for doing really pro UW vid is the abilliy to set the white balance manually underwater.The upgrade to the blue fin is another 1200.us and thats the main thing that it offers.
Sooo naturally, im thinking that an after market ikalite manual video camera control
mounted thru the back of the stingray cound do the trick on a sony trv950 at a fraction of the cost.
Maybee somebody knows someones cousin who...........Etc

Bruce

brucedrummer, I agree the Stingray II is a reliable strait forward housing. I do not like the external monitor / cables on the Bluefin housing. Just more clutter and stuff to fail. A few years ago I asked L & M if they ever planed to put Smartgrips on their Stingray housing and they said no. I asked if they would consider a monitor back on the bluefin and they said no. I have both the Stingray II and the Bluefin for my Sony TRV-900. I wish they would marry the two. I had Sea & Sea screw me on a defect for my wife MX-10 a few years ago so I am a suspect on their products but I do like the monitor back on their housing for the Sony TRV-950. Maybe someone who owns one will provide some feedback on this model. I have always love the L & M Halogen lighting system. dawhale

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom