g7x vs mark ii - auto white balance??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a Fantasea housing, which I like a lot because it has a dual gasket and the buttons on the back are clearly marked, making it easier to use (in my opinion). I do not use strobes now, maybe someday, but not being a serious or dedicated photographer, I am not prepared to deal with the hassle, extra weight and size of the kit. RAW is easy to process, and you can correct a lot of amateur photographer errors relatively easily, and even if you don't do a great job in the post editing process, the photos will still likely look better than the scene you actually saw at depth. There are many programs available to process RAW, and many of them are free downloads. You can get a lot of helpful advice from some really good underwater photographers on SB. Just ask for help, and you will get it.
thanks for the input and advise - will def look into it! I agree I don't dive as much as I would like too but hopefully in the future which is why I'm trying to do a lot of research now and maybe as a year goes by everything will drop in price a little!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom