Moderated?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the software allows the mod to be identified. I could be wrong, so we'll check into it.

The mods are volunteers and do an awesome job. They never vet for accuracy, but for tone. Unfriendly posts can either be edited or simply deleted at the mod's discretion. So play nice. That doesn't mean you can't be opinionated but express your utter disdain gently.

Moreover, mods aren't prowling SB looking for an errant apostrophe. We usually rely on you users reporting a post to alert us that there is a problem. That doesn't stop a mod from dealing with an egregious post, but we really try to let the forum tell us how the forum should sound.

Finally, there are different standards for different areas on SB. If you're in a learning (green) zone, then we are a lot tougher on being nice. Unloading on a noob is not cool. Contrast that with the Pub, where only the snarkiest of posts are removed, and you can see how hard moderating this place can be.

Wow..... Almost 43,000 posts. Maybe it's just me...... but that seems like a lot of sitting at the computer time. As much as I respect all of the information and advice you have provided over the years , I would recommend to unplug and go outside and play! Just say'n!

Meh ... I've got almost twice as many posts as Frank, and I get outside every day. I'm currently sitting on a rooftop patio in the Thamel district of Kathmandu, awaiting sunrise and transport off to play in the Himalayas for a couple days. It's not a question of activities, it's a matter of using your time effectively ... :)

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Meh ... I've got almost twice as many posts as Frank, and I get outside every day. I'm currently sitting on a rooftop patio in the Thamel district of Kathmandu, awaiting sunrise and transport off to play in the Himalayas for a couple days. It's not a question of activities, it's a matter of using your time effectively ... :)

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Flying to Lukla or Pokhara?
You will love taking off from Lukla airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom