Mocean Armor Joins The Invasion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks! Maybe I'll make the switch to a Galaxy 3.

What's the price on the Android housing?

Can you use the camera's zoom controls when it's in the housing?

The Galaxsea housing MSRP is $249
It is depth rated to 200 ft (66M).
We are field testing a Deep Water 500 ft (165M) version for our tech diving customers.

Our FREE Android APP replaces the digital zoom* function of the Galaxy s3 and s4 volume button with REC/Shutter function.
The Mocean Armor macro and extreme wide angle lenses manufactured by Century Optics are user interchangeable in the field and work for both smart phones on the Galaxsea housing.

*Digital Zoom - the zoom feature of a smart phone is not a true zoom lens function, rather, it is a digital zoom or magnification of the image. This dramatically reduces the quality of the image from the original 1080 30P HD video and the results are very poor in quality. Better practice is to move the camera closer to the subject for higher quality image results.

Ken, I would love to see some more of your videos that you shot with these housing. :D

Thank you for the request.
So far, I have shot the iPhone underwater with the Mocean Armor Housings in Antarctica, Fiji, Hawaii, Mexico, Solomon Islands, Bahamas, Chanel Islands and soon in Bonaire.

Here is the first underwater footage I ever shot on the iPhone 4s when Apple shipped it to me in November 2011.
Turtles in Hawaii - results literally blew me away.

[video=vimeo;64023531]https://vimeo.com/64023531[/video]

What's the status on this?

I'm thinking of switching to the S3, but I don't see any mention of the Android housing on your website.

Bueller Bueller? Has anyone heard from these guys?

This is really starting to look a lot like the Scuba Capsule thread. Yet another small company that's not instilling much faith.

Almost 3 months have passed and there is still no mention of the Android housing on their website.
No response here, or to the 2 emails I sent to them, and the phone number on the site is always a busy signal.
Also, the last time they even posted anything to their facebook page was the beginning of April.

Ken was in Bonaire at the Invasion all week last week. They had demo models for us to try. The videos shot with the Iphone housing were amazing.
They said the S3 and S4 housings are available now, and there may be a note 2 housing in the future.

The problem with the Android is the app to run them intuitively underwater. Once the bugs are out of that, the Android version will also be available. I really, really liked what I saw. It was easy, it was rock solid and it worked as advertised. This is a system designed by a film maker/producer to make his life a lot easier. Ken shared a lot of video tips with us during the week and I have asked him to do that on a consistent basis here on ScubaBoard.

The bigger problem is their lack of communication. I understand they're a small company, and probably very busy, but this is the exact same BS as with Scuba Capsule. It's just short of 3 weeks since I first contacted them, and zero response to my emails or messages on facebook, or any response to this thread. If you have a Galaxy SIII you may be interested in this. It's more expensive, but it's a really nice housing. And Reef Photo, a great company who answers their phones is a dealer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom