Mobulas and Mantas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two words...

OH...
WOW...

AndyT:
More great stuff !!!

A couple of questions - what was the viz (it looks great, but a WA lens gives a false impression) and which camera / lens ?

Thanks AndyT. Visibility was very good in both locations, probably around 100 ft each. The mobula images at Cocos were made with a Nikonos RS, 28mm lens, Velvia. The manta images at San Benedicto were made with the RS and the 13mm lens, Velvia. ++Ken++

Thanks - I'm off to the land of Mantas and Whalesharks soon, I only have my 7070 plus the Oly WA ( WCON 07C) in an Athena dome. I know the viz will be around 40 to 50 foot, just trying to get a feel of what I will be able to do.

Great shots Ken!

Anyone know if Mobulas are found in the Pacific or SE asia, and if so where?

Cheers,
Rohan.

Thanks Tassie. Mobulas are certainly found in the eastern Pacific, I have seen them in the Sea of Cortez (Mexico), Cocos Island in Costa Rica, and the Galapagos Islands. Don't know how far west they range. ++Ken++

parabolic:
Mobula:

mobula1.jpg
This is truly a spectacular shot!! It's National Geographic level quality. I just love this photo!!!!!!! All the shades of blues in this....wow.

Oh, and your first hammerhead photo in the other thread is terrific as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom