Mobies dry suit seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaskipper

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Got a Mobies suit for some work I did for a shop up North. I've been in Florida for the last couple of years and didn't really need it. I got it out the other day to check the seals and do a check out dive. It's a tropical suit, it has seals on the legs as well as wrist and neck. Both of the leg seals were coming off the base material. Seals were in perfect condition, cement used was slightly yellow in color, seals are latex. Seals were able to be cleanly pulled from the suit. Wrist seal on one side has a area you can put a finger in that the glue is comimg off. The rest of the seal seems to be firmly attached. All other seals and zipper look good.
I called the local drysuit repair shop. He told me to throw out the suit. There was no glue he knew of that bonds well to the material used in the Mobies suits. Any recommendations?

There is adhesive that bonds to the Mobby's suits. I don't know which one it is. But I've had wrist and neck seals replaced on mine. Superior Diving Repair can work on them, I know that. I've been told Steve Gamble in Florida won't work on them, because he doesn't stock the glue.

Thanks for the help. This should get me what I need to get the job done. I also checked out the repair books from NH.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom