Moalboal and Bohol Help. Dive shop and hotel advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UWD,

I have tried to stay at this place several times but they were always fully booked, it is off the beach but w/in walking distance.., your gear will left at the shop in the evenings so not a big deal being off the beach.... Flower Garden Resort Panglao/Bohol-Philippines

while traveling alone or with students, I usually stayed at Bohol Divers Lodge but havent for a while, I heard their cheap rooms(1000P) are gone/upgraded. I have also stayed at Alona Kew several times in the past and I think they start at 2100P what is your nightly budget?

Finally "Decent" is kind of a nebulous term so you can always try for the rooms behind the OOPS bar, I considered them once when I was having a problem finding a room...

Cheers

Thanks.
A beach location is an added bonus, but not all that important to me, I`ll be out of the room all day anyhow.
By decent I mean:
Clean
Bug free
Good water pressure in shower
Hot (at least warm) water
Comfortable bed that will not break my back
Quiet
Good service
Good food in-house or near by.
Wi-Fi
Reasonable price/good value for money
A/C, don`t know how hot and humid it gets, I guess it`s worth having.

I was looking at Oops Cottages, the place looks quaint, I`m just not sure how quiet it is.
Flower Garden Resort looks nice too, how far is it from Isis (I sure want to try out their Thai food)?

I just got back from Bohol, was there January 24-26 diving on Balicasag and Arco point. I did 5 dives with Philippine Fun Divers......Awesome service, great dive boat, a world class divemaster in Belyong Sales. Liza the shop manager was very pleasant to deal with. They accomodated my needs and I got some of the best diving ever. I stayed at Grand Luis Lodge a b&b, this place was like my own home away from home. I is about a 20 minute drive to Alona beach, but the privacy and solitude was a welcome break from busy resorts. Not to mention the price was great. Grand Luis Lodge - Bed & Breakfast and SPA

If you are still looking at the Oops cottages - check that they have hot water. I seem to remember reading somewhere (might actually be on their sign out the front of the cafe) that they only have cold showers. Good cafe though..

diva
flower garden is your place.
the only disadvantage is the gate of palm beach resort. it closes i believe at 11:30pm. but innocent, married girls should be home by that time. :blinking:
pls forgive my this expression

if not, the detour takes about 15 to 20min?

diva
flower garden is your place.
the only disadvantage is the gate of palm beach resort. it closes i believe at 11:30pm. but innocent, married girls should be home by that time. :blinking:
pls forgive my this expression

if not, the detour takes about 15 to 20min?

Thanks swisstrav. No worries about the closed gate, I got a room at Isis Bungalows after all :D

"No worries about the closed gate, I got a room at Isis Bungalows after all"

Maybe we should worry even more then :bandit:

and sorry for my spelling. pls give me back that Y i send you an e

have fun

hi roger
i will be donsel around april 10 looking for place to stay and who to dive with any suggestion
thanks lone diver

Lone Traveler,
When I was in Sorsogon I stayed at this place:

FERNANDOS HOTEL
N. Pareja Street, Bitan-o,
Sorsogon City
Tel.: (63) (056) 211-1357

Welcome to Fernandos Hotel of Sorsogon City

They are very helpful, even if you doecide to stay elsewhere they are very accomodating. The story is that it was their family that pioneered the whaleshark business in the area.

Anyway give these guys a holler. I stayed with them when I was working on a project in Sorsogon.

Cheers,
Roger

PS it is a little ways from donsol but you can still arrange the snorkel w/whale sharks..

For the Moalboal part of your trip, you can't go wrong with either Cabanas and Savedra.

I didn't sleep at Cabanas this time (march 1st to 4th went to turtle bay dive resort, very nice resort but 10 minutes tricycle ride of Savedra), but if you want to stay on Panagsama it would be the best option IMO.
You simply have to mail Savedra and they will arrange for the accom at Cabanas, the diving of course and even for a seamless transfer from Cebu/Mactan airport.

For a preview of the diving in Moalboal, check my post and pix here. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom