Moalboal and Bohol Help. Dive shop and hotel advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ushipb00

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone this is my first post on Scubaboards. So any advice well be helpfull. In Moalboal I plan on Diving with Savedra Divers and staying at Cabana Beach Resort. In Bohol, Boholfundivers shop and staying at ISIS Hotel. I will be there from May 31 until June 16th 2010. Are these reputuable dive shops and nice hotels? Should I book them through a travel agent or just call myself and make reservations? This is my first big dive trip so any advice will be well appreciated.

Thanks,

B

For Bohol Fun divers, you can make your own reservation. The office manager is Liza, she usually responds to email the following day (night in your case). She can make the reservation for you in Isis or in another resort, if Isis is full.

For Moalboal just email Savedra and let them arrange your trip. I’m pretty sure they can also arrange your trip to Bohol if you are interested. The office manager at Savedra is Abeth most likely she or Karl Epp will respond by email within a day. I did my OW certification with Savedra in Moalboal last year and I was happy with their approach.

I just got back from Bohol and all the dive places seems to be pretty good and all are friendly to walk ins. We went to the Bohol Divers Club which is next door to ISIS so is a quick hop step and jump from that cute little place. I don't know Bohol Fun Divers but I would certainly recommend the Bohol Divers Club - just walk in and see them and they are truly helpful, know their area, have great hire gear if you require it and are super friendly from the office secretary to the boat guys. The dive masters rock! Say hi to them all for me! If you are looking to do a course here, you won't make a wrong choice. The best thing about the area though is that the diving is diverse and awesome! For myself - good pick of location - wish I was back there now!
If you wanna get into Isis... BOOK NOW -they are really popular because they are a good price and the rooms are lovely. They make a mean Thai curry there in their restaurant too!

I am so jealous!

Travel Agents usually get 20% off the top.

If you can, I would contact Savedra in Person and discuss the rates, same with Cabana.

Email for Savedra is info@savedra.com
Email for Cabana is info@cabanacebu.com or cabana_cebu@yahoo.com (manager is Fatima Colita)

Before I had a place here in Moalboal I would stay at Cabana everytime I visited.

Again I am more than happy to provide you with any info that I can for Moalboal.

Cheers,
Roger

Any recommendations for a decent, inexpensive place in Alona? Isis is fully booked for the time of my planned stay.

UWD,

I have tried to stay at this place several times but they were always fully booked, it is off the beach but w/in walking distance.., your gear will left at the shop in the evenings so not a big deal being off the beach.... Flower Garden Resort Panglao/Bohol-Philippines

while traveling alone or with students, I usually stayed at Bohol Divers Lodge but havent for a while, I heard their cheap rooms(1000P) are gone/upgraded. I have also stayed at Alona Kew several times in the past and I think they start at 2100P what is your nightly budget?

Finally "Decent" is kind of a nebulous term so you can always try for the rooms behind the OOPS bar, I considered them once when I was having a problem finding a room...

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom