Mo2vation Boat dives for 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Count me in on all three, too.

Start the year with great boat dive, and great company on the boat!:monkeydan :diver: :monkeydan

Yeay! Awesome job Christian. Count me in for January on the Peace (I finally get to try the peace!), February on the Spectre! March on the Pac Star sounds good too, but I'm not ready to plan out that far yet. Like HBdivegirl said, let me know when we're

P.S. I'm gonna need a dive buddy, if anybody wants to dive together. definite and I'll make reservations.

This is my first winter of active diving (last year was the winter of my discontent). I dove Anacapa pretty hard in October and November. What can I expect in late January and February? I'll still be using a Henderson 7 mm with 3 mm hood and gloves but I can upgrade to a hooded vest. What fraction of divers will be "wet" on the Peace and Spectre trips? I didn't start wearing a hood until it was pointed out that I was the only bare-head on the Spectre, but there is a limit on what I can enjoy (I haven't found it yet - but I know its out there).

Jim

I'll be wet. ;-) We can shiver together. No drysuit for me this year - too much new camera gear!

I'll be diving wet. I'm comfortable that way. The surface intervals are the part that get me. Someday, I'll get a drysuit though! :D

Christian

Jerry and I had a nice chat today.

He just got back into town and will be playing catch up for a few days.

He's got to get back to some of his regulars that have left him messages to see what kind of availability he has. He's definitely interested in having us aboard and will think about what might work out well for us.

I'll let you all know what he comes up with when we talk again after the weekend.

Christian

LAJim:
What fraction of divers will be "wet" on the Peace and Spectre trips?

I'm diving wet, at least for now! I find if I peel my wetsuit down to my waist during surface intervals and wear a fleece jacket, it's really not bad!!

Hey Rickster and HBDiveGirl, LAJim and Taxgeek, glad you're on board for all three trips! I can't wait! :D Right now, I'm trying to get Mrs. Wetrat and the ratlings on board too!! Lol this is too funny - I have a nine year old who can't wait to get certified. Says his username on the boards will be wetmouse!

John

wetrat:
I'm diving wet, at least for now! I find if I peel my wetsuit down to my waist during surface intervals and wear a fleece jacket, it's really not bad!!

Hey Rickster and HBDiveGirl, LAJim and Taxgeek, glad you're on board for all three trips! I can't wait! :D Right now, I'm trying to get Mrs. Wetrat and the ratlings on board too!! Lol this is too funny - I have a nine year old who can't wait to get certified. Says his username on the boards will be wetmouse!

John

I may be diving dry, I haven't decided yet. I need to get some use out of my drysuit sometime:wink:

This will be a good time! All ready some good company on all three boats!

:mouse04:
wetmouse-that is cute
Tell wetmouse he will be welcomed to the board.

Christian,

Can you please update the original post to reflect what the dates and boats are so far so that we don't have to was through all the posts to find it? Thanks.

dazedone:
Christian,

Can you please update the original post to reflect what the dates and boats are so far so that we don't have to was through all the posts to find it? Thanks.
Good idea. I may make a new sticky thread in the Trips and Local Marketplace forum as well. I'll create the threads as soon as we have solid information. So, all 12 threads for the year will be up at the beginning of the year with links from the single sticky thread in contrast to what we do for the Wrinkles Dive. I'm sure that idea will evolve. This should help people that want to plan in advance and those from out of the area who have to travel to join us. I'll do that as soon as I firm up some arrangements. I've been balancing this with the rest of life and think I may finally have time to do this today for January, February and March.

Thanks.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom