Mo2vation Boat dives for 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis:
Or . . . somebody needs to learn how to read a charter calendar.

You're absolutely right that it should be updated. In Jerry's defense, he has someone else do that for him and either they're lax or Jerry hasn't given them the 2006 info yet.

However . . .

When I see that same calendar, what I see is that on Sunday, October 30, the Magician had a closed charter, which means not only that the boat's booked, but also that you as Joe Diver can't call to get on the trip. It DOESN'T mean closed-for-business. This is also common nomenclature that I've seen used on many other boats calendars (Truth Aquatics, Horizon, Encore, Great Escape, to name a few).

Hey, I think someone needs to learn how to read! If you read my post I say closed in October. I didn't say closed for business.

Ted from Cal Boat Diving called me on the phone today and we had a very nice conversation.

Here is what is available to us on the Spectre.

January 28, 2006

Full boat available - 40 spots
3/4 day trip to Anacapa
3 dives
8am departure and back by 4:30pm
BBQ lunch and air fills included
$85 per person

February 25, 2006

1/2 boat available - 20 spots
Full day to Anacapa or Santa Cruz depending on conditions
4 dives
7am departure and back by 5:30pm

Two choices for the Full Day trip
$85 per person - $3 per air fill and pay for what you eat
$105 per person - includes food and airfills

This looks like a great option for getting a boat dive in Ventura during the 2006 calendar year.

Let me know what you think.

Christian

Thanks for the feedback for the Pacific Star in March. Based on that, I'll call tomorrow and get the details we need to go ahead and set it up.

I'll start a new thread and put all the details in it sometime tomorrow.

Christian

Christain,
I am in for both trips on the Spectre, also. If there is room left, Teresa wants to go along as a ride-along, but she doesn't want to take any divers spots.

Thanks,

Rickster:
If there is room left, Teresa wants to go along as a ride-along, but she doesn't want to take any divers spots.
It's a pretty big boat, so I don't imagine that it will be a problem. You might ask about that when you call to sign up.

I'm guessing that people will want to take advantage of doing 2 boat dives out of Ventura on the Spectre. These are fair prices and it is nice that some boat owners are willing to work with us on such short notice and with no financial commitment up front. One of the things I love about the dive community is that most people have a very helpful attitude.

Christian

I received an email from Eric on the Peace just a while ago.

They are available for us as an open boat.

January 28th to Anacapa.

4 dives
All food/beverages/snacks and regular airfills are included
$110.00pp

I'm excited about being about to go on both boats that people wanted in that area.

Let me know what you think and I'll get back to him with an answer.

Thanks.

Christian

Ok that sounds even better! I'll do the Peace on January 28th and the Spectre February 25th. Nice job Christian! Oh what the heck, put me down for the Pac Star in March. 2006 is gonna ROCK!! :bang:

John

Hi Christian,
You can put me plus one down for Feb. 25 on the Spectre

Dive Happy
John

wetrat:
Ok that sounds even better! I'll do the Peace on January 28th and the Spectre February 25th. Nice job Christian! Oh what the heck, put me down for the Pac Star in March. 2006 is gonna ROCK!! :bang:

John
Oh Yeah!!! Me and my drysuit will be a couple of happy deckrats on these three trips. Great work, Christian. Let us know when it's definite and I'll make my rezzies.

We be divin'!
Claudette

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom