ML vs M

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chile7236

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
i have the dimension i3 in ML and the balance in M...the ML is just a little "loose" at depth...kind of annoying but nothing that makes me not like it. i also have a balance in M that is just as snug as a i like. very minimal adjustments required on it. the thing that gets me (and i know the dimension is 50lbs vs the 40lbs of lift on the balance) is the ML looks gigantic next to the M...is it the design of the dimension with the 50lbs bladder or is an ML that much "bigger" than an M? i don't have an ML balance to compare my M to....

Chile, I was told the Balance and Dimension are practically identical in terms of fit... In fact, I used a Balance to fit for the Dimension I just ordered.
I tried on both an ML, and an M (both Balance), and while I'm a L/XL in both my TransPac and Zeagle, I was an M in the Balance fit. The only real difference I could see between the M and ML Balance was that on the ML I had to cinch the chest strap all the way to get it to snug up (which made me decide on the M). In all other respects it was a very similar fit.

So, your instincts are probably correct, that on the same size BC, the Dimension has a 50# wing, and the Balance has a 36# wing, which means the bladder and bungied retractor will be significantly larger on the Dimension.

thanks...while i don't mind the ML dimension, like i said before, it gets a little "loose" at depth and the waist strap is cinched all the way down. i shouldn't have listened to the LDS clerk :(....i just figured he knew something i didn't about AL sizing (since these are my first AL BCD's)

Back
Top Bottom