MK5 DIN converter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know where I can get the kit to convert my Scubapro MK5 to DIN?

I have about 8 MK5 regs and managed to convert most of them to DIN. There are still a couple that I'm trying to convert. If you have any success, please let me know!

There is an aftermarket part from Trident that is available on Ebay or from any dive shop that sells Trident. But I tried one and it didn't work. It will fit on the reg if you leave off the saddle, but the diameter is too big for the saddle. The reg will work fine without the saddle, but I would rather have the original part.

Don't bother checking with the large Scubapro repair shops. Guys that have been doing Scubapro service for years usually have buckets of parts left over. But I've already tried them all:D.

Ken

Just as a test, I installed a Mk20/25 din kit on a Mk5 using the universal din retainer that Scubapro used in the Mk20 recall and it seemed to work just fine. The Mk5 saddle did bind a bit on the din wheel even with just finger tight torque on the retainer so I'm sure it would not work OK with spec torque. I did not try the Mk20/25 saddle but you also would have the option of shaving down the saddle or just leaving it out. Or. if you don't need all 7 threads on the 300 bar wheel, you could do a little modification on that. That universal retainer accommodates the o-ring installation on the end like newer reg or on the side like Mk2s and Mk5.

one of the DIN parts from trident is only for the newer scummypro. (mk10,20,25)
they do make one for the older models but I havnt tried one since I use MK10s.

try http://www.onlinescuba.com
thats where I got mine.

(I say "scummy pro" only caus they gota loosen up one the "dealer only" purchase/warrantee thing and start living in the 21st century...this also goes for uwatec)

Does anyone know where I can get the kit to convert my Scubapro MK5 to DIN?

I was stupid enough to call my LDS and order two. I had seen some offered on LP, but thought I may be better off getting a "ScubaPro" product from a Scubapro dealer. Seeing that LP only listed a price of 49 bucks or so, I figured so whats a cpl more bucks going to hurt me by buying them from a brick and mortar shop. When I placed my order I simply said order me two kits with two Scuba Pro DIN caps. I can't begin to tell ya how shocked I was to get the shaft of what had to be 100% markup. Those lil fella's cost me 79 bucks a pop, not to mention a 7 dollar cap.

Safe to say it won't happen again. Long story short, Check out Leisure Pro.

Linked is the DIN your looking for.

Safe diving,

Kenny

Edit.............My bad, I misread your post thinking you were asking for a Mk25 Kit. Sorry for the useless post. :-(

Here is one listed in a very old thread
Kenny

Last edited:
Those lil fella's cost me 79 bucks a pop, not to mention a 7 dollar cap.

If you have a fairly recent reg the yoke cap can be reused for DIN by removing the plastice insert. I opted for the screw on cap to make sure it was secure while giving the reg a good soak.

I gave up on the MK 5 because I got a really good price on a MK 17. I bought the $50 LeisurePro DIN converter, but couldn't get the yoke nut off because of the way it was recessed. My options were to Buy a $20 tool from scubatools.com or pay my LDS $25 to do it for me. I went with the LDS because I was in a rush, Either way I ended up spending as much as you.

Ken

dude!!
thanx for the tip on scubatools.com. I have been getting the run around from manufacturers and shops about tools and servicing my own equipment.
for some reason they think that they are the only ones that "know how".

Back
Top Bottom